Trans Siberian Orchestra

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
guitarmattms

Hey, everyone.

Just got home from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra at the local arena here in town. This is at least my 4th time seeing them and I can't belive how much better they get. It seems that everytime they approve on something whether it's the overall tone, apperance, or the lighting of show. Sure, it's a bunch of xmas music wrapped up in a rock and roll suit but it's a really great thing to watch. Has anyone else in the states seen them yet?

They've done several christmas albums but are not doing anymore. However they're working on writing concept albums relating to classical composers. They've already done one called Beethoven's Last Night and I think they're getting close to releasing the next album called "Night Castle" which I belive is based on Carl Orf. Great stuff! If you got the time you should check into them and a band called Savatage.

Anyway, that's enough rambling for me. Good night or good morning!
Seraphim

guitarmattms wrote:Anyway, that's enough rambling for me. Good night or good morning!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good rambling anyway!!!
I'm a Savatage fan and have several Cds... if I do remember, I believe I have all...
About Trans Siberian, already have saw some in the music store... maybe I try one, for now. Any recomendation? Maybe some with Christmas songs? It's Christmas right? :wink:

Good night or morning :P

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:
Desert_Runner

Seraphim wrote:Good night or morning :P
Actually, its the middle of the afternoon.
guitarmattms

Well Serphiam... I prefer Christmas Eve and Other stories or the Lost Christmas Eve. Also, the only non christmas album avabile is Beethoven's last night.

Remember the album from savatage called Dead Winter Dead? That's kinda the best way to describe TSO. Otherwise, you can always try good old youtube.
guitarmattms

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I saw Jeff Scott Soto as well. He's singing with them this year. :?
Seraphim

Thanks for your replay!!!
Wow, great news about Jeff Scott Soto. He rules :headbang

Well, I'm not a youtube searcher, so I already got a picture about it, thanks!!!

Ohhhhhh, and good afternoon :lol: :lol: :wink:

Trinity777

guitarmattms wrote:Hey, everyone.

Just got home from seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra at the local arena here in town. This is at least my 4th time seeing them and I can't belive how much better they get. It seems that everytime they approve on something whether it's the overall tone, apperance, or the lighting of show. Sure, it's a bunch of xmas music wrapped up in a rock and roll suit but it's a really great thing to watch. Has anyone else in the states seen them yet?

They've done several christmas albums but are not doing anymore. However they're working on writing concept albums relating to classical composers. They've already done one called Beethoven's Last Night and I think they're getting close to releasing the next album called "Night Castle" which I belive is based on Carl Orf. Great stuff! If you got the time you should check into them and a band called Savatage.

Anyway, that's enough rambling for me. Good night or good morning!

I've have not been to the live performance yet. I have watched them on PBS. I love the entire show and everything about it!

I check their website frequently for when the will be performing in my area. Still waiting. :roll:

Trinity777 8)
Seraphim

In the store I went last night no TSO CDs available :x :x :x :x

If you still waiting for them playing in your area, what can I say about playing in my area? :wink: Still waiting and waiting...