OMG How did I miss steve in chat?!?!?!?!

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
soloist4hire

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG....lol. I went into chat, only to see that steve vai himselft had logged in to talk to people, and I missed it!. Its my life dream to just talk to him, and I missed out on it. I dont know if I will ever have that kind of chance again, empty chat room, except for me and the God of guitar, just chatting away, but I swear I would trade my soul, my jem, my legacy, and taylor all for that kind of oppritunity. wow. This is definatly gotta be the worst day of my life..... lol..
al

(05:53:32) ChatBot: Steve_Himself logs into the Chat.
(05:53:57) Steve_Himself: Greetings
(05:54:26) Steve_Himself: Oh well, I tried.
(05:54:42) ChatBot: Steve_Himself logs out of the Chat.
(05:54:46) ChatBot: Steve_Himself logs into the Chat.
(05:58:40) ChatBot: Steve_Himself has been logged out (Timeout).

:)

He'll be back, don't worry
b2

Would be nice if there could be sometimes an announced "Steve Vai Chat", so we know
he will drop in. But I understand the problem, lots of people and very hard to chat.
But maybe it could be announced just a short time before it start....
hmmm... ok I see this is not easy to find a good solution to.

If in the chatroom people could just read, and then Mikey or another administrator could
open for writing for one at a time. So we had to somehow "flag" (raise the arm) to signal
we had a question... of course all people maybe had something to ask...
hmmm...

Of course it is more fun when Steve just drop in, but I believe I usually sleep when people
in USA are up and running. But I have met Steve in the Chatroom one time so...
That was an announced chat if I remember right... I believe it was said that Steve
might drop in... was it a listening meeting...

My brain is sleeping today, memory lost...
al

I like it the way it is already, its more of a suprise rather than randomers flooding in
sonny sixshooter

How ironic is that? Steve logs in to chat with his fans, and noone is around. And there are so many of us.
Desert_Runner

al wrote:(05:53:32) ChatBot: Steve_Himself logs into the Chat.
(05:53:57) Steve_Himself: Greetings
(05:54:26) Steve_Himself: Oh well, I tried.
(05:54:42) ChatBot: Steve_Himself logs out of the Chat.
(05:54:46) ChatBot: Steve_Himself logs into the Chat.
(05:58:40) ChatBot: Steve_Himself has been logged out (Timeout).
:lol:

Of course it's not the same as meeting him for real.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

sonny sixshooter wrote:How ironic is that? Steve logs in to chat with his fans, and noone is around. And there are so many of us.
That's not ironic - just bad luck. Much like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you've already paid.

Mikey ;)
vai.com
RAI

Mikey, are you quoting Alanis?
:shock:
al

It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

RAI wrote:Mikey, are you quoting Alanis?
Yes, or actually pointing out one very true irony - that Alanis' song "Isn't It Ironic" contains incorrect definitions of irony...
soloist4hire

I agree with al, i think its better just being a suprise. Plus, if everyone knew exactly when he was getting on, 100s of people would just wait till he was getting on, and no one could get a question in. I just gotta spend more time in the chat room....lol
RAI

Mikey wrote:
RAI wrote:Mikey, are you quoting Alanis?
Yes, or actually pointing out one very true irony - that Alanis' song "Isn't It Ironic" contains incorrect definitions of irony...

True, but it's still one rocking album.

:)
Petie

Mikey wrote:..."Isn't It Ironic" contains incorrect definitions of irony...
I've heard people refer to that as 'being Alanic.'
Trinity777

soloist4hire wrote:OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG....lol. I went into chat, only to see that steve vai himselft had logged in to talk to people, and I missed it!. Its my life dream to just talk to him, and I missed out on it. I dont know if I will ever have that kind of chance again, empty chat room, except for me and the God of guitar, just chatting away, but I swear I would trade my soul, my jem, my legacy, and taylor all for that kind of oppritunity. wow. This is definatly gotta be the worst day of my life..... lol..
Granted that is a bummer that no one was on line at that time.

It would be cool to chat with him on line. I wouldnt go as far as you, about you selling everything including your soul to do that though. I guess that's were I draw the line.

Trinity777 8)