SATRIANI SUES COLDPLAY

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Big Bad Bill

Re: SATRIANI SUES COLDPLAY

#256 Post by Big Bad Bill » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:42 am

These are very interesting-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEGGFJLpbu4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWLfpOe ... 7C&index=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think Coldplay are in big trouble!

GuitarStrings

#257 Post by GuitarStrings » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:40 am

LOL what a BIG waste of time.

The guy from the video watered down some 30 seconds concepts into some 18 minutes concepts.

Computer... guitar at hand... writing board... why didn't he bring out a piano, a metronome and maybe an oscilloscope for analyzing the song. LOL

wasoota

#258 Post by wasoota » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:00 pm

Big Bad Bill wrote:These are very interesting-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEGGFJLpbu4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWLfpOe ... 7C&index=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think Coldplay are in big trouble!

Shaking in their Armani boots I'll bet. :mrgreen:

Didn't we have this video linked a while back already?

Pi2plank

#259 Post by Pi2plank » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:30 am

Shaking in their Armani boots I'll bet. :mrgreen:
LOL

i doubt if something would ever materialize from this case, i mean how many judges or jury members would also have a degree in music to at least make a sound & unbiased judgment out of it.. & besides coldplay could always deny they ever heard the Satch song (i bet cops would not find a single joe satch cd in their houses now , haha)

but what is frightening is that what if coldplay did steal from satch.. i mean it will be quite a loss for instrumental musicians.. imagine making instrumental songs, only then to have somebody stole your riffs & then put lyrics on it.. it'd be quite convenient for these music thieves cause it would always be hard to prove plagiarism & besides i don't think patenting chord patterns would be beneficial to music.. & remember that the instrumental genre doesn't sell as well as the mainstream genres so it'd be a convenient excuse to these thieves that they've never heard of the instrumental song they've rip offed.. the instrumental guys should form a group or something to protect their interests, hold a rally or something.. rallies are not uncommon nowadays, check out iran.. hehe

Big Bad Bill

#260 Post by Big Bad Bill » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:38 am

Pi2plank wrote:i doubt if something would ever materialize from this case, i mean how many judges or jury members would also have a degree in music to at least make a sound & unbiased judgment out of it..
Do judges or jury members have degrees in DNA finger printing, forensics, ballistics etc? No. The point of an expert witness is they explain the complex technical evidence in such a way that the lay-person can understand it and then they can make a judgment. I would imagine that musicologists would be the expert witnesses in this case.

wasoota

#261 Post by wasoota » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:55 am

Big Bad Bill wrote:
Pi2plank wrote:i doubt if something would ever materialize from this case, i mean how many judges or jury members would also have a degree in music to at least make a sound & unbiased judgment out of it..
Do judges or jury members have degrees in DNA finger printing, forensics, ballistics etc? No. The point of an expert witness is they explain the complex technical evidence in such a way that the lay-person can understand it and then they can make a judgment. I would imagine that musicologists would be the expert witnesses in this case.
Yeah, but then apparently Howard King, Esq., thinks this interweb thing is so great he's just going to use youtube. And I'm guessing maybe the odd internet poll or so. He's obviously a people's man. Heck, he had camera crews waiting to film his guys serving CP the documents at the Grammys. That's what I call building a strong argument. :mrgreen:

tommyd48

#262 Post by tommyd48 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:01 pm

dose any one know if there was any out come to all this ,.?..if the riff was taken from satch the man does deserve royalties,.its that simple

tommyd48

#263 Post by tommyd48 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:19 pm