SATRIANI SUES COLDPLAY

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
boswell

Re: SATRIANI SUES COLDPLAY

#211 Post by boswell » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:33 am

Big Bad Bill wrote:I know, but it feels sooo good...what harm can it do? Just a little Coldplay...I can stop anytime. We all experiment after all...at parties after a few drinks. They wanted to listen too, it wasn't just me-in fact they made me do it. Oh the shame... If Steve had a new CD I'm sure that'd cure me. I'll just keep listening to Coldplay until he comes up with the cure.
Traitor to your music!
What next? You'll be pontificating about the fine melody in Phil Collins "Sussudio"

Heretic! :wink:

Bryceybhoy

#212 Post by Bryceybhoy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:51 am

boswell wrote:
Big Bad Bill wrote:I know, but it feels sooo good...what harm can it do? Just a little Coldplay...I can stop anytime. We all experiment after all...at parties after a few drinks. They wanted to listen too, it wasn't just me-in fact they made me do it. Oh the shame... If Steve had a new CD I'm sure that'd cure me. I'll just keep listening to Coldplay until he comes up with the cure.
Traitor to your music!
What next? You'll be pontificating about the fine melody in Phil Collins "Sussudio"

Heretic! :wink:
OUTRAGE!

Big Bad Bill

#213 Post by Big Bad Bill » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:52 am

Are you kidding? Sussudio? Its genius! "There's a girl that's been on my mind, All the time, Su, Su Su dio..."

Bryceybhoy

#214 Post by Bryceybhoy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:21 am

Stop it, Bill.

Guitaruss

#215 Post by Guitaruss » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:29 am

Lets face it Joes well past it these days anyway, he should grow old gracefully and grow cabbages somewhere instead of quibbling over this petty shite.. :D

Stephen Brown

#216 Post by Stephen Brown » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:42 pm

Guitaruss wrote:Lets face it Joes well past it these days anyway, he should grow old gracefully and grow cabbages somewhere instead of quibbling over this petty shite.. :D
Joe's not past it by any shape or form. His grasp of music & theory allow's him endless imaginative directions.

al

#217 Post by al » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:53 pm

Colplays says:

"We're one of the world's worst—but most enthusiastic—plagiarists as a band. We'll try and copy anything but tend to fail, so we come up with something...that sounds like us—only through trying to sound like somebody else."

I say:

Shadap knockin' Joe

Guitaruss

#218 Post by Guitaruss » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:38 pm

FRETPICK wrote: Joe's not past it by any shape or form. His grasp of music & theory allow's him endless imaginative directions.
Aye, his last album is testament to that ! :lol:

lydian2000

#219 Post by lydian2000 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:03 am

But all that's irrelevant to the topic here, I personally think his last three albums are just so bad it's actually scary, but I genuinely feel he's been ripped off by Coldplay on this song, and I hope he will win his case, give the money to some charity and show Codlplay for what they really are.

:peace

Big Bad Bill

#220 Post by Big Bad Bill » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:49 am

lydian2000 wrote:But all that's irrelevant to the topic here, I personally think his last three albums are just so bad it's actually scary, but I genuinely feel he's been ripped off by Coldplay on this song, and I hope he will win his case, give the money to some charity and show Codlplay for what they really are.
I agree completely. With the increasing profile 'that song' is having, winning awards and become a public favourite, if Satch does win the case it'll be major news particularly in the UK. It may give Joe's career a leg up and he may get inspired once again to make good music like he used to!

cosmic ape

#221 Post by cosmic ape » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:08 am

Big Bad Bill wrote:...if Satch does win the case it'll be major news particularly in the UK. It may give Joe's career a leg up and he may get inspired once again to make good music like he used to!
That might be happening already...
http://www.chickenfoot.us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eyebnez

#222 Post by eyebnez » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:30 am

I am Interested to see them Live...They Gonna Record?

Anywho, I believe Joe should win this case.

al

#223 Post by al » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:36 pm

they started recording in december

notavirtuoso

#224 Post by notavirtuoso » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:43 pm

Chickenfoot might end up being pretty cool, or at least we can hope. I read a blog written by photographer Ross Halfin from time to time. He isn't much of a fan of Joe's at all. When the band made their initial announcement he had nothing nice to say about Joe but apparently he did hear a few tracks that they have finished already when he was shooting them last week and said they were rockin', which surprised me as he doesn't give out compliments (quite the opposite in fact) very often at all. However I don't expect the band to be a vehicle for Joe to get back to his more experimental ways. Most of what he's done over the last few years would be great rock and roll tunes for a band with vocals, just not that exciting for instrumental guitar virtuoso stuff. So, I predict it will be Is There Love In Space with Sammy screaming, some funky beats and some bland bass playing. Not what I would hope for but probably better than 95% of the other shit out there.

Stephen Brown

#225 Post by Stephen Brown » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:46 pm

Guitaruss wrote:
FRETPICK wrote: Joe's not past it by any shape or form. His grasp of music & theory allow's him endless imaginative directions.
Aye, his last album is testament to that ! :lol:
correct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAaND1Q5 ... re=related