Buckethead BB Kings NYC-Show stopped due to blown Amp Head

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
aalloca

Yes,

First there was tons of tech diff from pedals not working, and the ipod he uses for backing tracks not being loud enough to hear in the audience.

I don't know how he even hears it on stage, the sound was not good.

He was loud, and managed to blow both Mesa Heads. They switched about 15 mins into the show to the one on the right, and then about an hour plus into the show the other one went.

I have to guess the odds of blowing 2 Mesa's in one night are very slim.

There is a first for everything.
Buck3th3ad
Newcomer

I was right in the front the entire show. There were more than just amp problems but the amps were the reason he left early. Buckethead was really pissed at the end. He put on the number one finger and threw it to the ground and then walked off. I thought the loudness and quality of sound was perfect but i guess i was just in the right place. I don't think He's coming back to B.B. Kings.
zappahead

i'm pretty sure he runs both tri recs at the same time, one being for guitar the other for backing trax.
aalloca

I was back right by the board.

When he adjusted the volume on the ipod, it started to clip some of the house PA.

Both Rectifiers started the show, after 1st mishap, one was shut down complete from what I could see.

Back where I was the guitar was so loud that you couldn't hear anything else.

Hey, Soothsayer live was worth my price of admission.

I still can not even get over how accurate and technical he plays while still moving around etc.

I would love another opp to see him, and this was clearly not his fault.
zappahead

not to mention after the show, the security fux at bb's started giving all the toys people gave him away. one kid asked for herbie (buckets severed head hand puppet) and the dude almost gave it to him, thankfully somebody stopped him.
al

sounds like a bad show =/

poor Bucket :(
PSD

Anyone have a set list? There were a few songs I wasn't familiar with.
al

he does have 345454353 songs after all :D
VAI05

Man that sucks!!!!!! Sorry to hear that
Seraphim

It's always not a good situation things like that :?
zappahead wrote:not to mention after the show, the security fux at bb's started giving all the toys people gave him away. one kid asked for herbie (buckets severed head hand puppet) and the dude almost gave it to him, thankfully somebody stopped him.
If I do remember the security guys when I went there, it have to be a big big person to stop that security guy :shock:

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:
Moderator777

A sound check probably would have been a good idea... :roll:

I've had the chance to see Buckethead live once and it was a cool experience. Sorry this happened to everyone.

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com