Greatest Guitar Solo Tunes (to play in front of girls)

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
notavirtuoso

KGNOKODOMO wrote:Hey man!!!

guitar has never been a tool to impress nobody!!!
you can´t plan it!!
if you want to impress you better become an actor or a clown (with all due respect )
dont "use" the guitar!!!
I disagree. It seems a lot of guitarists start playing so they might impress girls. You hear it a lot in interviews and I certainly started for that reason. Why? Because it works.

klangmaster TM: What kind of music does she like? If you can find out, write something of your own in that style, tell her you wrote it for her (which isn't a lie) and you're gold.
guyver_dio

you can´t plan it!!
if you want to impress you better become an actor or a clown (with all due respect )
dont "use" the guitar!!!
yeh because fans aren't impressed, that's why they buy music :roll:
Jeries

Best song for chicks of all time-
Tears In Heaven.

try it-it works

(The top song for chicks on piano is K-Ce and JoJo- all my life)
<omega>
Newcomer

Led Zeppelin's "The Rain Song" sounds awesome acoustic, and it's pretty easy to play once you figure out the weird tuning. DCGCGD, I believe.
teokiatuan

you can´t plan it!!
dont "use" the guitar!!!
yea true.

but i like this thread though 8) 8)
Bryceybhoy

More Than Words.

A guaranteed chick magnet. It never fails.
Mr. Supertron

I just play what ever it is I do. I don't pretend to be something i'm not. I wrote a couple nice songs. One I hope to put up soon.

If you wanna play acoustic thats fine, but if you wanna play electric, there is always some nice solos you can play or some clean playing.
Guitaruss

'Bring your daughter to the slaughter' by Iron Maiden should work well in front of her parents..
neiloid
Newcomer

alternative ang love songs will do the trick! :wink:

try goo goo dolls' and dave matthews' songs, most girls dig them! :)

if you want to go instrumental, go for earl klugh music. and of course vai's sisters. 8)
RAI

Instrumentalrockrocks wrote:to be a show-off you could try eruption... they may be impressed :wink:

Shred On :guitar
If you impress them enough, it might lead to an "eruption".......

:wink:
Mr. Supertron

I think your best bet is to write something nice. I couldn't bring myself to play some of these crappy songs. I know one to play Rock the Casba. I think I typed that wrong.
Obsidious

Azrael wrote:
klangmaster TM wrote:Hi there,
Do You know any really great solo stuff to play in front of girls/parents (my or hers ;) ) on acoustic (for a while, let's focus on that one). I really want to play something really heart touching, that would go through skin color, beliefs, religion and so on. Something, that would touch another's person heart and make birds sing along when I'm around - something like this ;)

I would really appriciate any songs. Thanks in advance :)
You're wasting your time.

Here's a preview of my guide of playing guitar for girls:

1. Throw your electric guitar out
2. Buy an acoustic guitar
3. Forget how to play fast
4. Familiarize yourself with the DADGAD tuning
5. Learn to play suspended and augmented chords
Sadly, this seems to be very true, I sometimes bring my guitar to school because there's an afterschool music club so I play during the day when I have free time and the girls keep on telling me ' don't play tabs' ( as in not solo-ey stuff), now I'm not one to bitch about about other people's music tastes all the time, but I find it sad that the only thing these people have the capacity to stand are very slowly strummed chords.

Sometimes I even resort to slow arpeggiated acoustic bits and they STILL complain. Hell, I don't even try to play speedy all the time and LIKE slowing down, but people don't like it because it's 'tab', single note stuff.

And by people I mean girls. Especially one annoying ass girl in particular.
precario

neiloid wrote:alternative ang love songs will do the trick! :wink:

try goo goo dolls' and dave matthews' songs, most girls dig them! :)
Iris is a great song, everybody I know likes it.
EyE

A song that I like very much is from Bob Zabek (and Vai.com member) - Walk On Water
Azrael

Obsidious wrote:
Azrael wrote:
klangmaster TM wrote:Hi there,
Do You know any really great solo stuff to play in front of girls/parents (my or hers ;) ) on acoustic (for a while, let's focus on that one). I really want to play something really heart touching, that would go through skin color, beliefs, religion and so on. Something, that would touch another's person heart and make birds sing along when I'm around - something like this ;)

I would really appriciate any songs. Thanks in advance :)
You're wasting your time.

Here's a preview of my guide of playing guitar for girls:

1. Throw your electric guitar out
2. Buy an acoustic guitar
3. Forget how to play fast
4. Familiarize yourself with the DADGAD tuning
5. Learn to play suspended and augmented chords
Sadly, this seems to be very true, I sometimes bring my guitar to school because there's an afterschool music club so I play during the day when I have free time and the girls keep on telling me ' don't play tabs' ( as in not solo-ey stuff), now I'm not one to bitch about about other people's music tastes all the time, but I find it sad that the only thing these people have the capacity to stand are very slowly strummed chords.

Sometimes I even resort to slow arpeggiated acoustic bits and they STILL complain. Hell, I don't even try to play speedy all the time and LIKE slowing down, but people don't like it because it's 'tab', single note stuff.

And by people I mean girls. Especially one annoying ass girl in particular.
Very true. Chords mark song structure, and that's what our generation is being spoon-fed. Popular music seems very confined to the ABA style of writing. Some popular bands are working to change that. Underoath's new album is a remarkable step away from the tried and true song structure. I'd describe it as Godspeed You, Black Emperor! meets metalcore/posthardcore.

I'm just hoping for a return to musical efficacy where people know that music isn't always contained in a verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge package.