Chinese Democracy

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Splish

Anyone who has been following the "new" Guns N Roses is probably already aware of this, but the long awaited album is slated for 23/11/08. And by the publicity GnR seem to be doing it seems it may actually come out this time.

Why's this important to members of a Vai forum I hear you ask? And the very simple answer is that Bumblefoot is the a guitarist in GnR.

Everyone should be excited for this album. I know I most certainly am.
Jeries

and only aval at best buy locations
GYiakoumi

I stopped caring years ago.
notavirtuoso

Unfortunately this album will never live up to the years of expectation, no matter how good it is. It could be the best album of all time and it still won't be good enough. I almost feel sorry for Axl.
Ekim

I don't. What a head case!

This album inspired the most unintentionally funny Rolling Stone article I've ever read. And that was... 10 years ago (??).
freaksauce

Apparently Brian May played on one of the tracks but that was recorded over 10 years ago so prob not even on the album. I always thought Buckethead was a strange choice...?
RAI

If there is anything left of him as well.....

I believe it when I see it.

8)
Shredded Heat

Apparently Dr. Pepper promised a free can of soda to everyone in the US if 'Chinese Democracy' was released by the end of the year http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/n ... er-for-all

There's no way the album will be worth the wait. They spent 16 years or something like that making the latest 'Indiana Jones' movie and it turned out to be a steaming pile of manure - I won't be the least bit surprised if the same is true of 'Chinese Democracy'
Seraphim

Maybe they have been waiting for China turn in a democratic country, to realizing the album... :roll:

... but a free Dr. Pepper soda can is something to not waste for free :lol: :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:
New-Clear

for anyone who cares, UK release date has just been set at the 24th November.

Personally I'm curious and will probably buy it just because... well, i honestly don't know why, but i will :)
VAI05

GYiakoumi wrote:I stopped caring years ago.
Your not alone
RAI

Seraphim wrote:Maybe they have been waiting for China turn in a democratic country, to realizing the album... :roll:

... but a free Dr. Pepper soda can is something to not waste for free :lol: :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:
And I just heard on the radio the Dr. Pepper will honor their offer.
For 24 hours, you will be able to go to their site and register for a free 20 oz beverage.
Too bad I don't like the Doctor's juice......

8)
Bryceybhoy

It's far too easy to criticise this band, but I'm interested to see what it sounds like. The new single is supposed to be brilliant. Slash says the album is awesome!
zappahead

i hate guns, but i'm a huge buckethead fan. this will be the only gnr album i ever get. and yes buckethead still plays leads on some songs. the new single, chinese democracy is full of bucket licks, from 3:23 to the end of the song is all bucket!!.
here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5VmYlfz4f0
metalus

Ive heard the single. And yes it doesnt sound like the old 80's/early 90's Guns n Roses. But its still a pretty good rock song, dont forget Axl isnt around 25 anymore like on Appetite For Destruction, he's now 46 years old so may have lost some of his range maybe?

here's the current band:

Axl Rose - lead and backing vocals, piano (1985–present)
Dizzy Reed - piano, keyboards, backing vocals (1990–present)
Robin Finck - lead guitar, backing vocals (1997–1999, 2000–2008)
Tommy Stinson - bass, backing vocals (1998–present)
Chris Pitman - keyboards, programming, backing vocals (1998–present)
Bryan Mantia - drums (2000–present)
Richard Fortus - rhythm and lead guitars, backing vocals (2002–present)
Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal - lead guitar, backing vocals (2006–present)
Frank Ferrer - drums (2006–present)