Metallica Death Magnetic

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
another virtuoso

jesus christ it sounds like Lars Ulrich mixed the damn thing himself :?

lyrically/vocally/riffagely/etc etc...its beats the utter shit St Anger was, but they'll never be the metallica they once were no matter how hard they try...it's just gone.
Guitarmonky55

I for one absolutely love the new album - but then again what does my opinion matter because I also hold load and reload in very high opinion and actually like st anger too...
Reno

load and reload are great cds

but the last 2 sux
call_of_ktulu

I think that the album is good, the song entitled "That Was just your Life" is really amazing, it sounds really thrashy. Kirks solos are good but not that great, I love the bass, vocals and riffs in this album. :headbang
cbr1000f

Today a friend made me aware of this funny video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPu0DKyGgZI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol:
StevieBoston
Newcomer

I heard this album once and it was enough! As someone said earlier it is normalised to f**k, compressed to the point of stupidity. Saw them on jools holland and they were like a parody of themselves! And to top it all off, sorry i'm going a little mad here but Lars must be the biggest A**hole in the world!
Igneousiceman

I saw them on Jools as well, and must admit for me they didn't live up to the world fame attached. Timing was a bit sloppy...music not too bad though. Having got and listened to the album I especially like 'Suicide and Redemption'. Drums faaaaar too loud overall though...but then I am a guitarist :guitar :)

Listening to: If I Could Fly by Joe Satriani
Seraphim

cbr1000f wrote:Today a friend made me aware of this funny video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPu0DKyGgZI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol:
LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Almost pissed my pants :lol: :lol: :lol: , well, metaphorically :wink:

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:
Igneousiceman

:lol: Love that vid...
DaveEastwell
Newcomer

meh. The album's... ok, but nothing fantastic. It's nothing like as great as their old albums, IMHO. To me it's like they said... everyone wants us back to our roots, so let's rehash our old songs (listen to the day that never comes and tell me it's not a COMPLETE rip off of One).

Shame really, because for a long time they were one of my favourite bands ever, I absolutely love their stuff from black album backwards.