WORLD RECORD GUITAR SPEED 2008

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Stephen Brown

al

yup it appears so at least, its been around a while mr.pick mc fret and theres always the same is it real is not, i duno!
Guitarmiester

Fretpick, this video was already picked apart by the guys on JP's board. I forget which member, but one of them slowed it down (and posted the video) revealing that the audio doesn't match up with the video. Supposedly... the footage is real, but the audio was switched afterward. Do a search on the JP board and you'll find it with better explanations and examples to back up their conclusions.
Azrael

I can't say I approve of his playing style or choice of effects. Even at 170 bpm, his sound was too flat and what you heard most wasn't the actual guitar, but rather the attack of the pick.
GYiakoumi

When do you ever need that much speed? :|
Desert_Runner

GYiakoumi wrote:When do you ever need that much speed? :|
For when you are fighting the evil shred monsters from outer space. Duh.
GYiakoumi

Desert_Runner wrote:
GYiakoumi wrote:When do you ever need that much speed? :|
For when you are fighting the evil shred monsters from outer space. Duh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfv3aKg58E0
Pif

Azrael wrote:I can't say I approve of his playing style or choice of effects. Even at 170 bpm, his sound was too flat and what you heard most wasn't the actual guitar, but rather the attack of the pick.
Well, if you attempt to play this piece, at this speed, while being filmed, you're hardly going for musicality anyway... But rather for that epitome of human achievement, youtube.
Desert_Runner

It's to get complete control first so you can apply musicality to a good foundation.
Zebula77

I don't doubt the 'realness' of the video. The picking seems to match up with the tempo, so...
Insanely fast, that. Nothing much else to say, really. :?
Ramma

That is pretty damn impressive. Not sure how he would be able to apply that to his music effectively, but still impressive.
Bakerman

Fraud, not the real audio there; discussed at the Petrucci forum a while ago. There's a video filmed from he audience with the actual audio, and it's totally sloppy with picking nowhere near the speed of 16ths at that tempo.