G3 Tour

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
bucketbot

I hear rumours that Buckethead may be included in the next G3 lineup?
Any truth in this?
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

There would have to be a G3 tour in the works to begin with, and I don't believe there is at this time.

Mikey
vai.com
bucketbot

Shame...would love to see the Bucket on stage with Steve! :(

Prob about the only chance us UK guys have ever got of seeing Buckethead...unless we travel to the US. :cry: :cry: :cry:
ClarkyNZ

I'd love to see Andy James from the UK on G3 at some stage in the future.

'In The Wake of Chaos' is one of my favourite guitar albums of the past 5 years. 8)
VAI05

That is my G3 dream. Vai, Satriani & Buckethead :guitar :guitar :guitar
StevieRayVai

Im sure all of you will disagree with me but I have a feeling if SRV were still alive that there would be a G3 with him. Satch and SRV played together a few times, and both Vai and Satch have a huge respect for him. Personally i'd love to see Favored Nations Label artist and Fender Rep Greg Koch
Desert_Runner

StevieRayVai wrote:Im sure all of you will disagree with me but I have a feeling if SRV were still alive that there would be a G3 with him. Satch and SRV played together a few times, and both Vai and Satch have a huge respect for him. Personally i'd love to see Favored Nations Label artist and Fender Rep Greg Koch
Brilliant though SRV is, I don't think he would work that well with Satch and Vai IMO. Sorry, they're just too different. But SRV's not going to be on a G3 tour anytime soon, so there's no need to worry.
sonny sixshooter

Joe told me recently that he is hoping it will be possible to do a G3, some time next year but it's all down to the sponsors.
Stephen Brown

Jimmy Page.....

Mr Beck...

"Back in the day, both of 'em."

Who know's who it could be...there are so many people out there.
rub_800

I really really want to see a G3 with Andy Timmons, he is great and I think his style would fit very well. Plus, good be a great chance to see my 3 favorite guitar players on stage (Joe, Steve and Andy)
drfoster
Newcomer

ClarkyNZ wrote:I'd love to see Andy James from the UK on G3 at some stage in the future.

'In The Wake of Chaos' is one of my favourite guitar albums of the past 5 years. 8)
i love it too
Stephen Brown

http://www.grooveyardrecords.com/chaos.html

Andy James named:Floevo on this site.
ClarkyNZ

Satch loved Guthrie Govan's album, and I think he might be getting an invite. :wink:
StevieRayVai

Im not even gonna wish whose going to play on account of G3 will never come to Milwaukee because Milwaukee sucks
Vivid

I'd like to see a G3 with Andy Timmons and Guthrie Govan. Something different. Steve and John Petrucci have done plenty already.