The "C3" Show - Govan, Kotzen & Howe

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
alexkhan

The "C3" Show - Govan, Kotzen & Howe

#1 Post by alexkhan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:01 pm

From the offices of Cornford Amplification and Cornford Records, Paul Cornford says:

THE C3 SHOW THAT CANNOT BE MISSED, THIS IS THE ULTIMATE GUITAR GIG.

Headlining at the LONDON INTERNATIONAL MUSIC SHOW at London's Excel Centre on Saturday June the 14th live on the main stage are,

Guthrie Govan, Richie Kotzen and Greg Howe: 3 solo sets (full bands) and a colossal jam at the end, confirmed so far on drums are Pat Torpey and Pete Riley, details on the rest of the line up and some VERY special guests will follow.

This is the show I have been wanting for years. The guys are all really good friends and have huge respect for each other's music. If you guys really want to get Guthrie into the mainstream, get on to the box office and order some tickets, the ticket for the main show gets you free admission to the Main Stage. When you book, mention C3 and that Guthrie rocks . Plus you can get 4 tickets for this amazing show for just £10.00 each, the web site is:

http://www.londoninternationalmusicshow.com/index.html

Tickets can also be purchased in advance via the ticket Hotline – Call 01353 660780. The Box Office and customer service line is open during normal office hours and can take major credit cards and ticket queries.

Guitaruss

#2 Post by Guitaruss » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:42 am

Damn, wish i lived in london :(

Shredded Heat

#3 Post by Shredded Heat » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:51 pm

Haha my sister does - time to pay her a visit

Mars Volta

#4 Post by Mars Volta » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:19 am

I don't see where it's listed on the site and I really want to go :(
Any idea if I buy the £13 regular ticket will it get me in to see Guthrie? Or do I have to spend extra?

Splish

#5 Post by Splish » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:36 am

Good lord.. Guthrie in a G3 style jam.. That's going to be insane :shock:

alexkhan

#6 Post by alexkhan » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:08 pm

I read on the Cornford Forum that Greg Howe hasn't been confirmed yet. Stay tuned.

alexkhan

#7 Post by alexkhan » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:46 pm

The latest from the Cornford camp is:

I just found this on the net from the organizers of the London show, "to explain the situation, Greg Howe was one of the artists that was not confirmed for the C3 show, unlike Richie Kotzen and Guthrie Govan who are confirmed, we apologize for any confusion this may have caused, we will keep everyone informed as to the exact line up as time progresses. To recap, the ticket to the whole show gets you free admission to the C3 show."

Splish

#8 Post by Splish » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:02 am

alexkhan wrote:The latest from the Cornford camp is:

I just found this on the net from the organizers of the London show, "to explain the situation, Greg Howe was one of the artists that was not confirmed for the C3 show, unlike Richie Kotzen and Guthrie Govan who are confirmed, we apologize for any confusion this may have caused, we will keep everyone informed as to the exact line up as time progresses. To recap, the ticket to the whole show gets you free admission to the C3 show."
Has there been an update by any chance? Is Greg Howe deffinately playing?

alexkhan

#9 Post by alexkhan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:56 am

Splish wrote:

No, he is definitely NOT going to be there. I heard that Jamie Humphreys will be the replacement for that slot.

Stephen Brown

#10 Post by Stephen Brown » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:56 pm

Splish wrote:

I just found this on the net from the organizers of the London show, "to explain the situation, Greg Howe was one of the artists that was not confirmed for the C3 show, unlike Richie Kotzen and Guthrie Govan who are confirmed, we apologize for any confusion this may have caused, we will keep everyone informed as to the exact line up as time progresses. To recap, the ticket to the whole show gets you free admission to the C3 show."
Mr Howe is wrapping up his new album.

zappadons

#11 Post by zappadons » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:02 pm

So what sort of ticket do I need to see the likes of Sheehan and Paul Gilbert?

Just an exhibition ticket?

New-Clear

#12 Post by New-Clear » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:00 pm

Just as a heads up, Richie Kotzen has also cancelled, so it'll either be 'C2' or they'll be replacing him with someone else.

Splish

#13 Post by Splish » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:28 am

New-Clear wrote:Just as a heads up, Richie Kotzen has also cancelled, so it'll either be 'C2' or they'll be replacing him with someone else.
Whaa? Why's this :? ?

New-Clear

#14 Post by New-Clear » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:36 am

no info as of yet, his forum just says he's cancelled. I thought I'd spread the word as LIMS doesn't seem to have realised yet....

udy

Hm...

#15 Post by udy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:09 am

Yes, GREAT !!!! G3 was very high level on its dvd, but I saw them (Satch and Vai) on stage in Budapest. They were here without Johnson. (never mind, I think). The guest was Robert Fripp. Useless thing, They would have choosen one of hungarian guitarists or someone else. OK I don't want to decrial them because both of them were great. First Fripp came from the cabinets we thought He was a crew, sorry.