U2

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

jagoda wrote:Even though this is meant to be funny, I don't find it funny at all!!! No one does this to U2. The Edge is a genius!!! He is unique. Why would someone make fun of great music?!
Most likely because 99.99999999% of the people who see Bailey's act, won't be offended by it, and quite likely that a very high percentage of those people would find it to be innocent entertainment. Which is all that it is.
I'd bet that if the Edge himself saw it, he'd get a chuckle out of it, just as Vai got a chuckle out of Joe Travers doing a mime impression of Steve.

There are many things worth getting pissed off about, but I wonder if this is one of them.
J
litlgrnman

ClarkyNZ wrote:The Edge is a six-string shaman who can evoke sonic landscapes at will. Deny his genius at your peril, earth dwellers!
Wow! So that makes TWO shaman's in one band?? That has to be the record.
jagoda

If I came across as being pissed off, sorry!!! Not my intention. Like I said, I realise this is funny, it just isn't funny to me!!! The Edge might think it's funny, but again, I don't. I was merely stating an opinion.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

jagoda wrote:If I came across as being pissed off, sorry!!!
No worries, sir. It's all good :)
j
Breeder

Jeroen wrote:
jagoda wrote:If I came across as being pissed off, sorry!!!
sir. :)
*madam :mrgreen:
Guitaruss

one of my fav obscure U2 songs..... "surrender" on the WAR album,also "love comes tumbling " from the Bsides album.... :o
Big Bad Bill

Jeroen wrote:
ClarkyNZ wrote:The Edge is a six-string shaman who can evoke sonic landscapes at will. Deny his genius at your peril, earth dwellers!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EDuK46ZqFM:)
Brilliant, stuff. I suppose this illustrates U2 aren't really a 'guitar band' or that David Howell Evans isn't a guitar virtuoso, they write popular songs that touch many, many people.
Trinity777

I love U2! I've never had the chance to see them live. ( I would love too)
I can play " In the Name of Love" on guitar

Trinity777 8)
Azyiu

Let's just say pretty much everything they did up until Achtung Baby was gold, but since then they lost me.