U2

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Abhishek

Any U2 fans around? :o
Although i prefered them during the Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby era....they are still one of the last mainstream bands i give a damn about.

Comments/Rants/Abuses welcome.
pauldlr

Yes big time.
Along with Mr Vai they've been my longest running favorite artists.
First saw them on the Joshua Tree tour at Wembley Stadium and it's still one of the best concerts I've been to. To me they've been constantly evolving, they could have stayed churning out Joshua Tree records for years but I admire them for doing different things so I have never agreed with that era being the best, just different.
Big Bad Bill

Many of my friends are huge U2 fans (they claim to be Irish too, but they're about as Irish as my Auntie Kamala in India!) and have tried to get me into them, and sure enough I do like the odd track. But on the whole, they leave me cold for reasons I can't quite fathom. Sometimes I think its because of their lack of hooks, but then I here hooks in their songs, sometimes I think its Bono's over the top 'shouting in tune' singing style, but then I hear nice singing in some of their tracks. So I can't express why I neither like nor dislike them.
joshua202020

Great band. My whole family loves them. They present some kind of variety, which is good, like what Mr. Steve does. Doesn't stick to one kind of beat like most of the new bands out there.
Guitaruss

I used to love them more than any other band/artist...i used to listen to 'the unforgetable fire' DAILY the joshua tree too ,WAR is another great album ,achtung baby is pretty good , OCTOBER has some nice songs...

In fact they're probably my fav band of all time....sure Bono came across like a twat sometimes but that doesnt alter the music for me !
al

hate them and i hate bono

:)
jagoda

U2 is just an amazing band. I love them!!! Their songs are a pure inspiration to me. They always were and always will be a great band. Not many bands out there with the same line up as they started. Gotta love them :wink:
ClarkyNZ

The Edge is a six-string shaman who can evoke sonic landscapes at will. Deny his genius at your peril, earth dwellers!
Drumolator

I like some of their 80s stuff and the last two CDs. They are about the only popular band I care anything about. Peace.
Horsie
Newcomer

They have some pretty good songs, I really like them!
applesteam

I'm Irish, but I'm not too proud to say that I absolutely loath U2,(especially bono), and I think that they suck.
resha

Besides all like/dislike considerations they changed pop music.

Imho modern pop music is a legacy primarly of The Beatles and then of U2 (of course other great bands and musicians helped, but I believe that real pop music you listen on the radio is merely a reproduction of what Beatles and U2 have made).
teokiatuan

hellooo, hellooo (hola,hola) that place called ..mexicooo...
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

ClarkyNZ wrote:The Edge is a six-string shaman who can evoke sonic landscapes at will. Deny his genius at your peril, earth dwellers!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EDuK46ZqFM

:)

j/k
jagoda

Even though this is meant to be funny, I don't find it funny at all!!! No one does this to U2. The Edge is a genius!!! He is unique. Why would someone make fun of great music?!