luciano pavarotti died

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
theollieb

Omgsh that's really bad news....I'm really sad.. :(
spanishphrygian

What a sad day. The man was so great and a very good person as well.
bluesbreaker

And his last official concert was at my hometown. Wasn't able to catch him. What a shame.
He was a man with big hearts.
RIP
another virtuoso

he was one of the few singers from that genre that i really liked :(
disaxster

I'm not much into Opera but he was a great Italian and a great man in many ways. I couldn't believe the news here on BBC so I called Italy right away for confirmation. I felt a little sad, even without being a fan.
Big Bad Bill

disaxster wrote: I couldn't believe the news here on BBC so I called Italy right away for confirmation. I felt a little sad, even without being a fan.
You can always trust the BBC......well.........usually!
Rachmaninoff

One of the greatest voices ever. :cry:
R.I.P.
GuitarStrings

"I think a life in music is a life beautifully spent and this is what I have devoted my life to." - Luciano Pavarotti

A part of me has gone with him. A part of my being artist. A part of my childhood.
I don't have other words to describe my feeling. Only my parents and a couple of other close friends know how I was a dedicated fan.
Rest in Peace my dear friend and my mentor, may you charm all the angels in heaven with your voice.
Miss you.

ps: long before I became a guitar player, I was a classical music/opera lover, I fell in love with the electric guitar after seeing Eric Clapton playing at Pavarotti & Friends concert in '96.

His last TV performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaufjDVYivc
bluesbreaker

ANyone saw the funeral?
I really liked the last hymn sang before/during they took the coffin out.
I was a chick leading the choir.
Sounds so sweet and innocent to me. Anyone happen to know the name of that hymn?
777lovein

jesterday i was on on the firework championchip in berlin. there where 3 acts. litauen , france and italia. the last was italia. and in there performence last song and sincrone firework they used a song frome pavarotti. i have had tears in my eyes it was fantastic and as i saw it i was thinking one of the best voices gone frome earth to heaven. now onley the angels can hear him sing.