JEMFESTtv interview (JOHN PETRUCCI) DOWNLOAD!!

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Ricky Garcia

Please watch the show here:

http://www.jemfest.com/jemfest_radio/jf ... 100707.wmv

Also if you like to check out some of my older shows you can find them here:

http://jemfestradio.rickygarcia.com
Last edited by Ricky Garcia on Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
KillerArtist

How fun or not fun is playing the guitar and keyboard unison in Blind Faith live? :P

or

What's you favorite guitar and keyboard unison to play live? Which is the most difficult and why?

Hey Ricky, I love the show. I've been listening for a long time. Quick question have you ever thought about doing an interview with Uli Jon Roth?!?!? That would make me a happy man. :shock: :D
<Mike>

Yo dude, diggin your interviews 8)

I can't rly think of a goodie question though but I will post here if I think of something.

Good luck anyways 8)
GuitarStrings

1) Would he consider recording a less guitar-oriented solo album? (as Steve Vai's Real Illusions: Reflections)

2) Are Jordan Rudess' guitar skills taught buy him? And does John play keyboards?

3) Does putting muscles on his arms have to do with improving his guitar playing? (no I am not joking LOL)

4) He does extreme picking with a lot of energy, and the black Jazz III is very fast to use up... how many of them does he need? LOL

5) Would he give me one of his Music Man? :lol:

Thinking of other questions...
Rachmaninoff

GuitarStrings wrote:3) Does putting muscles on his arms have to do with improving his guitar playing? (no I am not joking LOL)

4) He does extreme picking with a lot of energy, and the black Jazz III is very fast to use up... how many of them does he need? LOL
I would like to listen to John's answers to these.
Breeder

test him for perfect pitch :twisted:
kendog
Newcomer

Has he ever had any problems with his hands, like CTS, etc ??
Ricky Garcia

up :)
Jem-7vwh-agg

Can you play what you play on a strat? :lol:
GuitarStrings

Jem-7vwh-agg wrote:Can you play what you play on a strat? :lol:
I think he can play MOST of things he play on a Strat, maybe not the legato stuff, but MOST of things he play, because he has a very strong and precise picking, and THAT allows him to play all his thing even on an ACOUSTIC guitar.
I've heard him play CLEARLY and perfectly very difficult parts on an unplugged electric guitar.

I think Strat would be a problem mostly for guitarists who do a lot of legato or tapping. Not much for Petrucci. :)
Jem-7vwh-agg

yes but it would be interesting to ask, if you guitars where stolen before a big big gig. and you only had a strat available would you go out to play with it?
GuitarStrings

hahah yeah, would be fun to ask right! :D

I think in this case they would play some Iron Maiden covers because the Strat sound is very suitable for them. :D They seems to know EVERY song by EVERY classic bands out there hahaha. :P

ps: oh, btw the entire "Made In Japan" album replayed by Dream Theater has been released few days ago! :D
Samuele

Hey Ricky! I enjoyed your past shows on Jemfest radio.

Questions to ask John...

- What kind of elements do you want to surface in your music?

- You have been part of more than one G3 tour since 2001. Talking about the guitar players you've shared the stage with, could you describe one quality for each player that particularly impressed you? Of course I mean Joe, Steve and more recently Paul, but also occasional guests that made it a G4 or even more than that.

- How would you describe your guitar tone? What do you look for when building it?

- How do you keep challenging your guitar vocabulary these days? I mean from both a technical and an expressive point of view. Do you still keep files like you mentioned in the Rock Discipline video?

- What inspired you to write the music for the new Dream Theater album? Any specific events, etc.

Good luck with your interview.
Ricky Garcia

interview went really nice... give me some days for edeting. thanks :)
Breeder

Ricky Garcia wrote:interview went really nice... give me some days for edeting. thanks :)
hurry up :D