Van Halen's coming to a (US) town near you!

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Lucky

That is, if you care... :lol:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20160745/?GT1=10252

I think they should call it the 'Trolling for Dollars' tour. :P
Moderator777

Or they'll call it "Van Halen: It's never going to happen tour of 2007". Heard it a bajillion times, and will hear it a bajillion times more. I'm sorry to be negative, but it will be amazing if they pull it off, and even more amazing if they actually finish the tour if they somehow manage to start it.

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com
miker

I'm not buying it until there's a tour schedule and they've played a few gigs already.

Once bitten, twice shy... babe.
VAI05

Moderator777 wrote:Or they'll call it "Van Halen: It's never going to happen tour of 2007". Heard it a bajillion times, and will hear it a bajillion times more. I'm sorry to be negative, but it will be amazing if they pull it off, and even more amazing if they actually finish the tour if they somehow manage to start it.

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leanne_777

I doubt it will happen but I would LOVE to be wrong.
notavirtuoso

If it does happen, it had better be a short and quick tour with really big stages. Dave's ego could fill most arenas by itself, so they'll need the room to spread apart from each other a bit.
Azyiu

Moderator777 wrote:I'm sorry to be negative, but it will be amazing if they pull it off, and even more amazing if they actually finish the tour if they somehow manage to start it.

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com
Don't feel sorry, because every word you said (typed) is the truth!
disaxster

Yes but no Michael Anthony?? :shock:
Damn...
I guess if they come around Europe I will do the effort though! :lol:
Sandyman

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!
Van Halen gave a press conference yesterday and Rolling Stone put it on YouTube.

Or copy the url : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYVZq7NyPGY

Written info: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20250921
Big Bad Bill

:shock: WOW :shock:

I somehow feel both excited and slightly nervous at the same time! The YouTube clip was interesting, DLR is just a motor-mouth and kept interrupting EVH-that must get irritating after a while! But I have to say I find him amusing. Lets hope their tolerance levels and egos have increased and diminished respectively, with advancing years!

If they come to the UK, I'll be there and I'd love to hear a new album from them. The two tracks DLR did for the 'Best of...' CD were great (Me Wise Magic and Can't Get This Stuff No More) where the best songs I've heard from VH in years so I have high hopes for their creative abilities.
disaxster

Thanks for posting this one. DLR talks a little too much and I don't know how long Eddie will be patient with him :lol: but it's definitely one show to see, as soon as they announce the European leg for this tour I'm going to get a ticket.
Sandyman

*** UPDATE ***

Forget the earlier YouTube video from Rolling Stone; they cut the best pieces out.

As you can see in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDKciL3oIYQ , the other bandmembers also speak out, including Wolfgang. A European tour is on our way :D
Big Bad Bill

Thanks for that, Sandyman-it's a much more balanced interview than the Rolling Stone version. But DLR does keep answering for WVH and EVH, doesn't he?
Leanne_777

DLR could answer for America.
lydian2000

Is dave a natural, or was he on (cough and sneeze)something?...turned the whole conference into a show...loved it...now that gave me serious hope even though Ed still doesn't look like he's completely clean...good to see them no matter what.