Eurovision 2007

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Big Bad Bill

fortheloveofgod wrote:those russian girls were sure as hell good to look at and listen to :P , so good ive downloaded the song
They were cute, but I'd rather download a photo of them than listen to their 'girl band' song! :wink: I was sure one of the backing singers was the ginger girl from tAtU. Did you notice that?
Leanne_777

I usually love the Eurovision, mostly because of Terry Wogan taking the piss, but the block voting is getting ridiculous. How on earth did Ukraine (Timmy Mallet) come second??????? It's honestly vile that the voting works that way, when you can guess who 12 points will go to, regardless of what kind og a tripe song they entered, there is something is very wrong.

GGRRRRRRRRRR
Big Bad Bill

I'd say "We shouldn't take it seriously", but when you consider the amount of money that's involved in the contest, maybe we should look into all that block voting. Also, they should do away with countries like the UK, qualifying by simply paying large amounts of money to do so. It's not fair and it doesn't weed out the weak entries in a Darwinian fashion. Hence the main show is subjected to the tortuous 'Flying the Flag' etc!

There will always be 'block voting'-sycophancy is a human trait- indeed one that's evident to varying degrees and poorly disguised on this message board!
:wink:
DiMarzio

Everything i hear on the Eurovision song contests makes me want stick 2 superheated hat pins repetedly in my ears.. I think its THAT bad.. :evil:
acoates

I was praying praying praying we would get nil points and that scooch, the biggest pile of steaming shit would cry and disappear from the public consciousness for good.

The Ireland and Malta had to bloody spoil it all :x
SPQR

Big Bad Bill wrote:
fortheloveofgod wrote:those russian girls were sure as hell good to look at and listen to :P , so good ive downloaded the song
They were cute, but I'd rather download a photo of them than listen to their 'girl band' song! :wink: I was sure one of the backing singers was the ginger girl from tAtU. Did you notice that?
Yea i thought that as well lol, they wer more than cute man, more like hawt lol :twisted: like hell
leigh01

brother al wrote:
leigh01 wrote:
Zeds.Ded wrote:
classic mistake :D :D
lol, Yeah I hated our song, so why did you vote for it?
We sucked, we shouldn't have come off the bottom,lol oh well.
lol yeah im in charge of the Irish votes,all we do is give give give give eh bastids

both entries were shite, wait, they all were!

cudnt get any further west than éire, we were fucked from the start
lol, I didn't mean to make it sound like it was your personal fault, lol
fiddlemord

I liked only 3 songs in the contest... Sweden's song was nice, but The Ark just wasn't "on". I've seen them 2 times in my life and the performance at the final just wasn't as good.

Finland's song was in my opinion the best song of the contest afterall. I'm surprised we didn't get any more points, since Hanna's performance was great and the song is ok.

The last song I liked was Georgia's. What comes into my mind from the song is Björk. But what makes the song sound still original is the singers voice. Holy shit, I almost pissed my pants during the outro. So powerful, so beautiful.

In hilarity, Ukraine and Israel (although not in the finals) took the cake. Awesome stuff for partying :lol: Next weekend we're gonna bust out these songs at the dance-floor in a few parties, you should try it too :lol:

Btw, did anyone notice that the violin melody from Belarus's song started playing a couple times during France's song? The singer was like "Oh shit, this ain't good!" :lol: