Eurovision 2007

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Big Bad Bill

Did anyone watch that musical extravaganza that is Eurovision on Saturday night? There was the usual political voting and weirdness in general, but the, Bulgarian entry was pretty interesting! It uses some interesting sounding scales, percussion and the singer was pretty nice looking too. Check it out.
<Mike>

dude everything on that "the one with most neighbours win" - competition sucked. I hated eurovision before and now I hate it even more. Finland had the only decent song and still they placed like... last or summit. And also, why the fuck did ukraine place 2nd? they sucked so much and their outfit was just... yeah sucky. And also englands song sucked to. Showing the flag for the world? *sigh*

Oops I meant *SIGH*

That was the last time I ever watched that shit :D
Big Bad Bill

Yeah it is shitty, and unfair due to the political voting etc, but in the UK we watch it for Terry Wogan's sarcastic comments and nothing else! He rips the living pee pee out of the whole thing-he's a legend.

Finland was good, but Bulgaria's was just so refreshingly different. Did you listen to it via the link <Mike>?

As to the UK's entry....... :roll: It was shitter than Mad Jack McShit, winner of last years 'Shittiest Competition' The UK is pretty hated in Europe anyway so we never stood a chance.
al

nono they didnt come last.. ireland did ;)

we gave the uk 7 points and they jumped ahead of us after they gave us nothing lol bastids

but yeah its not a serious thing at all anymore, countries dont wana win cause too expensive to host such a gay event... i think its political and gay all in one

in saying that i watched one song and fecked off to the pub... but it was on there... FECK SAKE
Zeds.Ded

brother al wrote:
we gave the uk 7 points and they jumped ahead of us after they gave us nothing lol bastids

classic mistake :D :D
leigh01

Zeds.Ded wrote:
brother al wrote:

lol, Yeah I hated our song, so why did you vote for it?
We sucked, we shouldn't have come off the bottom,lol oh well.
Booligan

<Mike> wrote:dude everything on that "the one with most neighbours win" - competition sucked. I hated eurovision before and now I hate it even more. Finland had the only decent song and still they placed like... last or summit. And also, why the fuck did ukraine place 2nd? they sucked so much and their outfit was just... yeah sucky. And also englands song sucked to. Showing the flag for the world? *sigh*

Oops I meant *SIGH*

That was the last time I ever watched that shit :D
dude, we certainly weren´t last. we beat YOU. HA. take that Ola!

i thought the show was awesome, finally there was some humor in it and all the visuals were spot on. especially Lordi´s video at the beginning. Apocalyptica are always cool too. most of the songs in the competition sucked tho. i hated Bulgarian entry, where´s the musicality? none of my favorites made it to the final thanks to the bloc-voting :(
R1FSR

I was working on a PC and it was on in the background..you gotta love Terry Wogan for his piss taking ..legend.
Thought the last song of the night was pretty good actually .think it was from Moldova (?) bit evanescance type stuff.
..and of course Apocalyptica at the end .
SPQR

I very much like the russion entry was very intresting shall i say :P 8)
seljer

leigh01 wrote: lol, Yeah I hated our song, so why did you vote for it?
you didn't even manage to beat france

the political voting does mean all the western european countries get the shaft, but I think the song that actually ends up on the very top is still beyond it for now (eg: its one of the few that doesn't completely suck)

but yeah, most of it is pretty crap
what I can remember

Spain: boybands are dead
Belarus: what the hell loving potion? cheeeeeeese
Finland: too much negation in the (rather weak) lyrics, just doesn't go along for a contest like this
Hungary: was a good vocalist, but a blues song like that just doesn't work for the eurovision, guitar playing could have been a bit more intricate, as it seems they just let the guitar player do his thing over the track and then randomly cut out all but a few parts for it not to be cluttered
Germany: swing was done in the 40s and 50s and I don't think the music industry is currently looking for a revival...
Georgia: I rather liked this one
UK: even you yourselves admit it sucks, bubblegum pop is dead
Turkey: as far as being a modern pop song, it isn't that bad (rather well produced), but the lyrics kill it
Greece: same deal as Turkey, they even use the same chorus "shake it up..."
Russia: hoooooray for capitalism :roll:
Armenia: not horrible for a ballad but too boring, Serbia's was much better
Bulgaria: I kind of liked it, the drums were cool, but then it starts repeating itself, that trance stuff has been done in the 90s
France: way too flamboyant, and the french entry sung (part of it) in english O_o
Sweden: too 60s, and that entire glam rock image doesn't work either
Ukraine: they went the "do the wierdest thing you can think of" route, and you have to admit, it was rather energetic, but thank god they weren't first
Moldova: similiar thing as with Finland with the negation in the lyrics, though I'd say its one of the better songs
Slovenia: I liked our song, didn't expect it to win as the opera thing was obviously a bit gimmicky (though better than the other stuff we had available to send up there)
Serbia: i think the earned the 1st place as it probably was the best song there. Good vocalist, good production (I dont like the tin whistle bit in the middle but the distorted power chords in the rather epic ending make up for that). If I wanted to look at hot chicks I'd use the internet.

one of the many reasons why I don't listen to pop music is because truck driver's gear changes (when a song modulates up chromatically just so they can repeat the chorus one more time) are just harrowing, they make me want to repeatedly bang my head into a wall

and the Lordi video at the start was fucking awesome, as were Apocalyptica
al

leigh01 wrote:
Zeds.Ded wrote:
brother al wrote:

lol, Yeah I hated our song, so why did you vote for it?
lol yeah im in charge of the Irish votes,all we do is give give give give eh bastids

both entries were shite, wait, they all were!

cudnt get any further west than éire, we were fucked from the start
jemgirl

i dont believe in it anymore!
i smell conspiracy..
RAI

So, how did good ol' Sweden do?
Probably fairly close to the bottom, I would guess.......

:)
<Mike>

yeah and we deserved it I guess. (19th place or summit) Our song was not worse than some songs closer to the top though. The bad thing with our song was that it didn't have a chorus... :P

well anyway every song sucked.
SPQR

those russian girls were sure as hell good to look at and listen to :P , so good ive downloaded the song