Buckethead

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
swear2EVO
Newcomer

i like his record, Giant Robot. what about you guys?
blindfold
Newcomer

A kick ass shredder! :wink: love his tapping and his robot soundings on the guitar
Carlo de Dios

he's a sick guitar player......but I think he holds back a lot in a lot of songs.
Psychlone

He has trouble with cohesion... some of his songs have no real sense of progression or structure, and tend to veer into abstract noise or noodling... he also makes quite a few mistakes (inaccurate bends, muted strings, wrong notes, etc), even on the album tracks. And there are some tracks which flat-out do not work.

HOWEVER. All that being said, I still love the guy! I think he's wildly entertaining, challenging, and inspirational. His "alternate persona" is a brilliant idea, and I like how he takes inspiration from all kinds of things, not just other guitar players (i.e. Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Disneyland, Giant Robot, Michael Jordan, video games, comic books, etc.) And have you ever seen him do nunchucks? Way cool. Hey, what say we get him to do G3...? :D

P.S. If you haven't already, buy his "Population Override". It's like ambient yet way rockin' Pink Floyd.
SPDMTL

His tunes are very cool but, do you think he shows up to band practise
in the bucket and mask? LOL How funny (and strange) that would be!! :shock:
shader

the bastard stole my idea of shred-guitar fused with ambient electronica.
GGGrev

^ Is a funny guy.
lydian7

shader wrote:the bastard stole my idea of shred-guitar fused with ambient electronica.
Yeah, I think 1000s of guitarists are exploring the same possibilities. Buckethead doesn't know that much about technology, you could easily surpass him with the right compositional know-how of technology. 8)
lydian7

Why is there two buckethead threads? :?