DREAM THEATER's new album Systematic Chaos to be released!

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
fyrie

The special edition is so mine :).
another virtuoso

after seeing JP @ G3 '07 i will most definately NOT be missing out on this tour :!:
<Mike>

in the presence of enimies is divided into two parts, one 16 and one 9. 16+9 is 25... maybe that is their 25 minute song?

I am excited anyway about it. If they come to sweden this year I'll be prepared to do anythign to see them 8)
joshua202020

EyesOfFire0221 wrote:well i have been playing guitar for sometime now 7yrs to be exact so if I want I can play as much Dt as I choose to ..But its not my cup of tea so i dont ...James is a great singer but a bit too operatic for me ....I wonder if he ever did broadway ??
So you are telling me you can play all DT songs with the same expertise as John does??
GuitarStrings

EyesOfFire0221 wrote:woah another 99 hour epic by dream theatre ....nice but dont the 25 miniute length songs ever get tyering to play especally live my hand would have been cramping with all those solols and fills
EyesOfFire0221 wrote:well i have been playing guitar for sometime now 7yrs to be exact so if I want I can play as much Dt as I choose to ..But its not my cup of tea so i dont ...
LMFAO. :lol:

ps: well I am not saying that I don't believe you, but my friend, have you actually listened to DT? :lol: If you are able to do something, just do it!

Oh, by the way... I can play ALL songs in this world too, I just don't want to play them. LMFAO! :lol:
s_t_e_v_e_n_s_i_r_o_v_a_i

The cd has leaked, its downloadable on the internet. Its a killer one dudes! One song even has steve saying some phrases in it...I think, it sounds like Steve anyway, could someone confirm this...mike...???

Thomas
lydian2000

excellent video and excellent song played by excellent musicians, but it explains why DT is not my cup of tea: an excellent metal/prog band, probably the best one out there, but james labrie's voice absolutely ruins it for me, to me it's like the whole thing is suddenly rendered artificial everytime he sings. I just can't stand his voice.

DT fans please leave my bad taste alone.

:wink:
<Mike>

this one's better than that other singel, whatever its name was, but I dunno if I like it anyway.

Well it's ok. I think that dt don't do music from their hearts anymore like before though, nowadays they are already world famous and have much money so I think they do their cd's cause they have to.

At least it sounds like it to my ears.