DREAM THEATER's new album Systematic Chaos to be released!

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
pentatonic_man
Newcomer

Great news!!!

I expect for sound like train of thought (Metal).

But everything form DT and VAI I like it . : )
prman

Altough I like the band to a certain extent, the new album title is cheesy IMO. "Systematic Chaos", "Suspended Animation", Silent Supernova, Anticipated Surprise, Hot Ice-Cream, Slow Cheetah, Cheesy Coolness...

What ever the title, I hope it`s a good album.
treeduck

Aye I'll pick up a copy of this...

:wink:
Guitarmiester

j.arledge wrote:this album will probably be heavier like train of thought . i could be wrong but roadrunner is a mostly metal/hard rock lable .

either way , i am very excited about the new album and hope to catch them if they come to texas .
I remember seeing that Petrucci brought back the Mark Series amps for this album.

I'm really looking forward to the new album, I think it's supposed to be released in June. Looking forward to seeing them a few times once they tour.
endor

I liked there prog stuff better, like AWAKE, awesome album.

Alex,
GuitarStrings

Guitarmiester wrote:
I'm really looking forward to the new album, I think it's supposed to be released in June. Looking forward to seeing them a few times once they tour.
Yeah I want to attend many shows too! Would like to rent a camper and follow the tour bus.
They change setlist every night and many songs are worth listening many times!!! :lol:
GuitarStrings

endor wrote:I liked there prog stuff better, like AWAKE, awesome album.
Alex,
Yeah Awake is VERY deep, very complicated album. It's one of DT's masterpieces. I LOVE it.

I remember the period when I couldn't quit listening to Erotomania - Voices - Silent Man all together. LOL I listened to that album all day long. It's just magic.
stratocastermaster

A DT tour hitting Atlanta would make me so amazingly happy.
Guitarmiester

GuitarStrings Have you seen DT live? I was at the filming of Score at Radio City Music Hall, what a night!
GuitarStrings

Guitarmiester wrote:GuitarStrings Have you seen DT live? I was at the filming of Score at Radio City Music Hall, what a night!
Oh I've seen them MANY MANY times through the years!!! :D But it's Never Enough(:lol:) for me!

Oh you are lucky if you were at the Score concert! :D Can I see you in the DVD? :)
Azyiu

I am so looking forward to the release of this album... hopefully it will sound like the best parts of ToT + 8vm + Awake combined. ;)
Guitarmiester

GuitarStrings wrote:Oh you are lucky if you were at the Score concert! :D Can I see you in the DVD? :)
You can't see me, but in the very beginning if you hit play, while each of their names shows up right after that there is a shot of some guy holding a camera. It zooms into the frame on the camera, there's a guy standing with his arms crossed, I was right next to him, he had the aisle seat.
GuitarStrings

Guitarmiester wrote:
GuitarStrings wrote:Oh you are lucky if you were at the Score concert! :D Can I see you in the DVD? :)
You can't see me, but in the very beginning if you hit play, while each of their names shows up right after that there is a shot of some guy holding a camera. It zooms into the frame on the camera, there's a guy standing with his arms crossed, I was right next to him, he had the aisle seat.
Oh hahahah! I will check this out! No problem for me, I watch this DVD quite often so I will catch you! :twisted:
GuitarStrings

ImageImage

New info! :D

http://www.dreamtheater.net/news_dreamt ... eleaseinfo

The CD's track listing for both editions is:

1. In The Presence of Enemies Pt.1 (9:00)
2. Forsaken (5:36)
3. Constant Motion (6:55)
4. The Dark Eternal Night (8:51)
5. Repentance (10:43)
6. Prophets Of War (6:01)
7. The Ministry of Lost Souls (14:57)
8. In The Presence of Enemies Pt.2 (16:38)

:D
The Wolf

no 25 minute epic! I'm still happy though, that album cover is rad.