DREAM THEATER's new album Systematic Chaos to be released!

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
GuitarStrings

Dream Theater's new album "Systematic Chaos" is going to be released in June with the new label Roadrunner! It will feature 7 studio tracks with one 25 minutes epic piece. :D
They are also preparing for a new exciting world tour!
Oh these guys never stop making me sooo happy and excited! :D
It seems that they have endless creative resources and unhuman talent to learn every extremely difficult parts from new materials... lol

http://www.dreamtheater.net/news_dreamt ... roadrunner

Last edited by GuitarStrings on Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Seraphim

Great news!!!

Nice mustache James have... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Looks like one of the three mosketeers (???) :? :wink: :lol: 8)
The Wolf

yeah, you'd think they're all real assholes from that photo, they look like they're gonna kill me, especially good ol' JLB. :lol: I'm looking forward to this album from the very little I've heard about it. cool news.
j.arledge

this album will probably be heavier like train of thought . i could be wrong but roadrunner is a mostly metal/hard rock lable .

either way , i am very excited about the new album and hope to catch them if they come to texas .
GGGrev

Great fucking news, fucking rocking!!
The Wolf

j.arledge wrote:this album will probably be heavier like train of thought . i could be wrong but roadrunner is a mostly metal/hard rock lable .
that's an interesting thought! I'd love to hear them go heavier than train of thought, as I think they shine most in that environment.
GuitarStrings

The Wolf wrote:
j.arledge wrote:this album will probably be heavier like train of thought . i could be wrong but roadrunner is a mostly metal/hard rock lable .
that's an interesting thought! I'd love to hear them go heavier than train of thought, as I think they shine most in that environment.
Nah... I think they are good in ALL enviroment. :lol: No I am not fanatic. :lol:

Anyway, I think "heavy" for Dream Theater is pretty different than "heavy" for most other bands. They are "heavy" in an extremely musical way. I mean they create very deep impacts with their riffs, melodies and epic keyboard sounds combinated with some very interesting drum-work, rather than building a "wall of sound" at extremely high distortion like some other bands do.

I trust Dream Theater at 100%. It can be an old-DT-type complex album, or a Train-Of-Thought-type heavy album, I already know that I will LOVE it. Because they always know what they are doing.

:wink:
EyesOfFire0221

:roll: woah another 99 hour epic by dream theatre ....nice but dont the 25 miniute length songs ever get tyering to play especally live my hand would have been cramping with all those solols and fills
Shredded Heat

HELL YEAH!I can't wait for the album & tour! :guitar
GGGrev

EyesOfFire0221 wrote::roll: woah another 99 hour epic by dream theatre ....nice but dont the 25 miniute length songs ever get tyering to play especally live my hand would have been cramping with all those solols and fills
You have to go into the take-no-prisoners mode of course, and because you didn't, you couldn't play them.
GuitarStrings

GGGrev wrote:
EyesOfFire0221 wrote::roll: woah another 99 hour epic by dream theatre ....nice but dont the 25 miniute length songs ever get tyering to play especally live my hand would have been cramping with all those solols and fills
You have to go into the take-no-prisoners mode of course, and because you didn't, you couldn't play them.
Hey what does "take-no-prisoners" mean here?
You know, I am not very good at special expressions in english. :roll:
EyesOfFire0221

well i have been playing guitar for sometime now 7yrs to be exact so if I want I can play as much Dt as I choose to ..But its not my cup of tea so i dont ...James is a great singer but a bit too operatic for me ....I wonder if he ever did broadway ??
The Wolf

GuitarStrings wrote:
The Wolf wrote:
j.arledge wrote:this album will probably be heavier like train of thought .
Anyway, I think "heavy" for Dream Theater is pretty different than "heavy" for most other bands. They are "heavy" in an extremely musical way. I mean they create very deep impacts with their riffs, melodies and epic keyboard sounds combinated with some very interesting drum-work, rather than building a "wall of sound" at extremely high distortion like some other bands do.
I agree. I am an avid DT fan myself. I assure you, I'm not claiming they don't play well in other formats, but Train of Thought rocked. seriously. I'd love them to go the next step along that line.
Azyiu

I am so looking forward to this album, and that new 25-minute long epic.
Angelic

Awesome news! I quite liked octavarium but i rekon train of thought is their best so far, cept maybe Change of Seasons but it can be a bit of a long haul at times.
Cant wait though!