New music.

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Azyiu

Oh God, my musical taste must be terrible!!! With all the names and bands mentioned, and NO ONE bother to mention: QUEEN, EXTREME and DREAM THEATER? Holy poo poo, guess I am the only one like them, huh?
another virtuoso

nah, love those guys.
i would have listed
pink floyd,
jimi hendrix,
the doors,
the eagles,
aerosmith,
creedence clearwater revival,
the who,
beatles,
rolling stones,
lynyrd skynyrd,
etc etc

but 99% of everybody who is into rock, has been exposed to classic rock, surely!
one look at a guy like Hendrix and your sure to be like 'Holy crap! who is that cool guy?!'
applesteam

I can't recommend Tom Waits highly enough. Also Warren Zevon.
Rodrigo y Gabriella are worth checking out. Also a guitarist called preston reed.
Booligan

seljer wrote:with vidoes like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5A0q63_gbo you really can't complain :D
and you´re saying that´s not boring? One rhythmic pattern repeated over and over again for 6 minutes. Or at least three because my ears couldn´t take anymore. Then some out of tune background noise. Yes! I´m so excited!
The Wolf

Booligan wrote:
seljer wrote:with vidoes like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5A0q63_gbo you really can't complain :D
and you´re saying that´s not boring? One rhythmic pattern repeated over and over again for 6 minutes. Or at least three because my ears couldn´t take anymore. Then some out of tune background noise. Yes! I´m so excited!
one rhythmic pattern? what song are you hearing? I don't think it's quite as simple as you think it is. :wink: but then again it's not for everyone and I can understand that.
Oh and for new music, I just found this rad band called Coprofago, they're tech metal and it's absolutely jaw dropping. http://www.coprofago.com/
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

Yeah, for sure. Genesis & Unorthodox Creative Criteria are both quite good, no doubt. They've been re-issued as well. :wink: 8) :guitar :headbang :peace
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

Funny name too. :lol:
Booligan

Azyiu wrote:Oh God, my musical taste must be terrible!!! With all the names and bands mentioned, and NO ONE bother to mention: QUEEN, EXTREME and DREAM THEATER? Holy poo poo, guess I am the only one like them, huh?
hell no are you the only one excited about those bands. they just aren´t that new really :P I can´t stop listening to "Get the funk out" by Extreme. i´m going to add it to my bands setlist as the cover part of the show ;) Maybe I´ll do an erotic dance when the intro bass kicks in.
endor

Killsitch engage, The human abstract

amazing

Alex,
NantucketSleighrider

applesteam wrote:I can't recommend Tom Waits highly enough.
Same, there has never been anyone who can play/write any genre of music with such ease and ability. Pure genius.

If you like Tom, then try Captain Beefheart!

If you've got ears, you gotta listen!