any christian musicians here???

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
<Mike>

heh k I will do that. Can't promise I'll like that either though :lol:
burnt out

There's only two kinds of music....

GOOD :P and BAD! :x

All other labels are useless...

8)
Stephen Brown

Yorksha_Pud wrote:
<Mike> wrote:I think I belive in some kind of higher.. thing o_O

but I'm too lazy to try to find out what I think it is.

I go to this youth church we have here sometimes but the music they play there is like... hum.. like.. how should I describe it...
It kinda feels like it enters your head and you want it to go out cause you hate the feeling in it... o_O Like they sing the same thing over and over to the same chords and all these people sit around me and sing super false... And the feelings are always the same. Afterwards I always wanna put on something heavy just to clean my mind a little.

So christian music, (at least that music!), aint for me.
haha, check out Norma Jean, theyre a christian hardcore band, they mite change ur perspective on christian music, lol.
No offence but how can any christian music be hardcore?
If it is,hasn't it missed it's point? I do not consider POD to be a christian band for example...."I feel alive"...tut.

By the way this isn't aimed at you directly dude.
seljer

FRETPICK wrote:haha, check out Norma Jean, theyre a christian hardcore band, they mite change ur perspective on christian music, lol.
If it is,hasn't it missed it's point? I do not consider POD to be a christian band for example...."I feel alive"...tut.

By the way this isn't aimed at you directly dude.[/quote]

metalcore, whatever....

I never understood the whole christian rock/metal/whatever thing when you can just as easily listen to the regular kind
endor

seljer wrote:
FRETPICK wrote:haha, check out Norma Jean, theyre a christian hardcore band, they mite change ur perspective on christian music, lol.

By the way this isn't aimed at you directly dude.
metalcore, whatever....

I never understood the whole christian rock/metal/whatever thing when you can just as easily listen to the regular kind[/quote]

how can Christian music be hardcore, um thats very easy question to answer, one, The lyrics of the music can be christian based, and spread the word of Jesus Christ. Then you take that and put it with heavy/Harcore music, intruments ext. There we have Christian hardcore or metalcore. And its cool if you dont consider P.O.D a christian band, becuase im pretty sure they consider themselves one. O, and the whole diffrence between christian and regular, it means alot to some christians. See, some fundametlists belive that listening to music with lyrics that promote possible "sins" is not good, yet they might like the way it sounds. It says in the bible that sinfull and awful things will come through many things, incuding songs. Some of US christians like to here music we consider good, to have a positive christian message. Thats why some Christians listen to Christian metalcore/rock/ punk whatever. I hope that clears any miss understandings up.

Alex,
V-type

Does accompyaning with chords in church count? I'm trying to get them to let me play Little Wing, though....
Melodic Dreamer

I think it all matters to the heart of the musician and the heart of the listener. I have seen some heavy music played by people who really love God. Then again, I have seen some music played by guys who confess Christ while doing everything that Christ wouldn't do.

Some people believe music is just music and lyrics are just lyrics, but if you have a half glass of good milk it's good milk. Fill the other have with ruined milk and the whole thing will taste bad.

What you put in you get out. Some Christians feel they can listen to whatever and some feel they need positive influences.
Thats basically it.

Another example.
This kid wants his Dad to by him a cd at the local music store. The dad looks at the cd and notices a parental advisory label on the front of the package. His answer is no. The son says (it just has a few curse words is all dad, probably just one little word used a few times). The Dad still refuses to purchase the cd.
Anyhoo,
Later this evening the dad makes some cinnamon toast. He offers it to the son. His boy takes one bite and spits it out. Dad!!!! that sucks!!!!!
His dad said I didn't put any sugar in it son. But Dad!!!!! Why not???? you have to put sugar in it. The dad says (Why? it's just one little ingredient).

One thing can change the finished product. So, maybe lyrics don't mean a lot to some, but to others it's what makes the Cinnamon toast taste good.
:wink:
joshua202020

I'm Christian and that's for sure..
Drumolator

I am a Christian drummer. I play at church, but I also am in an instrumental jam band. Peace.
lester

yeah thats cool.. 8)
lydian2000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5173TjVrUCI

My ideas for new threads in this section:

"Any jewish musicians out there"?

"Any buddhist musicians out there"?

"Any muslim musicians out there"?

"Any scientologist musicians out there"?

"Any red-haired musicians out there"?

the list could be endless but you get the idea. :roll:

but I'm sure anyone will come and reply with P.C crap like; "I don't see the problem about wanting to know about others' beliefs on this board"

to me religion or personal beliefs are indeed personal, and this thread is making me sick precisely for that.... christian..who cares? what's the need to know who's blue or green or tall or belonging to such and such community? Just to know if such and such is "one of US"?
Melodic Dreamer

lydian2000 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5173TjVrUCI

My ideas for new threads in this section:

"Any jewish musicians out there"?

"Any buddhist musicians out there"?

"Any muslim musicians out there"?

"Any scientologist musicians out there"?

"Any red-haired musicians out there"?

the list could be endless but you get the idea. :roll:

but I'm sure anyone will come and reply with P.C crap like; "I don't see the problem about wanting to know about others' beliefs on this board"

to me religion or personal beliefs are indeed personal, and this thread is making me sick precisely for that.... christian..who cares? what's the need to know who's blue or green or tall or belonging to such and such community? Just to know if such and such is "one of US"?

Sorry we upset you. 8)
I guess the "General Discussion" isn't the place this should be posted. :wink:
burnt out

Is it just me or does it seem like most people online only know how to respond to other people's posts with direct personal attacks or attacks on their posts?

It's like nobody discusses the topics being discussed.And if you do discuss topics then they act like you're the one being weird.
lydian2000

It's just you. :twisted:
burnt out

lydian2000 wrote:It's just you. :twisted:
:lol: LOL