any christian musicians here???

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
GregN

#46 Post by GregN » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:25 am

FRETPICK wrote:I am a Christian but struggle to listen to anything good that I get on with, in the Christian world of music. Some of it moves me while others make me cringe.
yea i agree. the majority of it sucks.

CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

JOHN/COREY/OLLA

#47 Post by CymbalSplittingSkinbasher » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:35 am

I like these:

John Elefante - Corridors & Windows Of Heaven
Corey Emerson - Sanctuary & Love's Pure Stream
Ollabelle - Self-titled
Phil Keaggy - The Master and The Musician (you might want to explore Phil's catalog, he's awesome!)

Christopher Parkening has been doing some Christian music lately too.
:wink:

Trinity777

Re: JOHN/COREY/OLLA

#48 Post by Trinity777 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:27 pm

[quote="CymbalSplittingSkinbasher"]I like these:

Phil Keaggy - The Master and The Musician (you might want to explore Phil's catalog, he's awesome!)

Phil Keaggy- great guitarist, the 1st time I heard his music & watched him play , ( looked like Paul Mcartney ) And he got my attention with the style of guitar playing.

Other Fav's are

P.O.D.

U2

DC talk ( Now defunkt)

Kevin MAX

Michael Sweet ( Stryper )

My newest Favorite is Pillar, They Kick some serious butt ( they have kind of that Korn sound but better! I saw them live in concert, They had me out of my seat and fully charged!

The next day they came to my church & played!
I met them afterwards, they are just good old down home guys,
to look and listen to them you would never guess they are some Rawkin Christian dudes.

Trinity777 8)

Yorksha_Pud

#49 Post by Yorksha_Pud » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:38 am

i dont think U2 are a christian band anymore. I know they used to be.

endor

#50 Post by endor » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:09 am

Though Ben harper isn't Christian, his music speaks about god in a very similiar manner.

Alex,

budt

#51 Post by budt » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:45 pm

burnt out wrote:I'm a bible believer.I may not be the bestest follower but I know the truth when I hear it.The politicians have all sold us out.The world looks pretty grim at this point. :cry:
All due respect. I know I'm overstepping the bounds of this forum. Just let me make one comment:

This is why religion is so dangerous. There are many passages in the Bible that say everything the government does is right, i.e., God's will. Try reading the book Romans, for instance.

burnt out

#52 Post by burnt out » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:06 pm

Dude,with all due respect you are just flat out wrong about that.

And that's all I am going to say about that.

peace

ricardo_impellitteri

#53 Post by ricardo_impellitteri » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:54 pm

i'm trying to be christian too, it's funny to play those beautiful lyrics with some friedman, impellitteri and petrucci influences, there are tons of great musicians Abe Laboriel its a great mexican bass player he's christian too, Mike Arroyo rocks too, check him out

http://mikearroyojazz.com/music.html

GregN

#54 Post by GregN » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:10 am

ricardo_impellitteri wrote:i'm trying to be christian too, it's funny to play those beautiful lyrics with some friedman, impellitteri and petrucci influences, there are tons of great musicians Abe Laboriel its a great mexican bass player he's christian too, Mike Arroyo rocks too, check him out

I heard impelliteri was chrisitian?

ricardo_impellitteri

#55 Post by ricardo_impellitteri » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:59 pm

[/quote]

I heard impelliteri was chrisitian?[/quote]

i've also have heard that, and i think there's something of true on it, some of his songs have tittles like: FATHER FORGIVE THEM, BEWARE THE DEVIL, SLAY THE DRAGON and some others like that it's so nice to see people like chris, i mean he haves a really agresive guitar style but sometimes it really seems to be a christian guy

lester

#56 Post by lester » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:26 pm

ricardo_impellitteri wrote:lyrics with some friedman, impellitteri and petrucci influences,

marty friedman?? he a christian?? that will be great

Janitor

#57 Post by Janitor » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:38 am

im christian and play guitar but have never played in a church before i might though :wink:

summer_sky

#58 Post by summer_sky » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:01 pm

Yorksha_Pud wrote:i dont think U2 are a christian band anymore. I know they used to be.
i would never classify U2 as ever being a 'christian' band. and, i really don't think U2 would ever say that they have ever been a 'christian' band.
sure, there was a period of time in their early days when Bono and Edge were doing some serious soul searching regarding their faith and Bono's lyrics very often refer to matters of faith, but U2 have never been about promoting christianity through their music.
(besides, Adam Clayton would never allow such a thing ;) )

<Mike>

#59 Post by <Mike> » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:10 am

I think I belive in some kind of higher.. thing o_O

but I'm too lazy to try to find out what I think it is.

I go to this youth church we have here sometimes but the music they play there is like... hum.. like.. how should I describe it...
It kinda feels like it enters your head and you want it to go out cause you hate the feeling in it... o_O Like they sing the same thing over and over to the same chords and all these people sit around me and sing super false... And the feelings are always the same. Afterwards I always wanna put on something heavy just to clean my mind a little.

So christian music, (at least that music!), aint for me.

Yorksha_Pud

#60 Post by Yorksha_Pud » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:44 am

<Mike> wrote:I think I belive in some kind of higher.. thing o_O

but I'm too lazy to try to find out what I think it is.

I go to this youth church we have here sometimes but the music they play there is like... hum.. like.. how should I describe it...
It kinda feels like it enters your head and you want it to go out cause you hate the feeling in it... o_O Like they sing the same thing over and over to the same chords and all these people sit around me and sing super false... And the feelings are always the same. Afterwards I always wanna put on something heavy just to clean my mind a little.

So christian music, (at least that music!), aint for me.
haha, check out Norma Jean, theyre a christian hardcore band, they mite change ur perspective on christian music, lol.