any christian musicians here???

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
lester

endor wrote:The church is good becuase it is written that wher 2 or more believes come together, god is there in there presence.

Alex,
well said brother.. :D
Melodic Dreamer

jdnmusic wrote:to everyone thats said theyre a christian may i ask all of you to pray for me to stop cussing?
just when you say a prayer at night or in the morning or whatever.
thatd be great if you did!

its not a huge deal but ive recently re-developed a cussing habit and i need to break it.
so if you could please pray for me id appreciate it a ton! :D
will do! :wink:
sap

For those who do not believe in God who is Jesus, I refer you to this thread.

http://www.vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... son+joshua

I think God does belong on this message board because He created music. Yes, this is a Steve Vai site but I think it's about the music not only just Steve. If you think you are not good enough for Christ then you could not be more wrong. He can be the best friend you ever had. Take the prodigal son story for example. We are all prodigal sons and Jesus is waiting with His arms wide open for us to come back. If you do not know the story, you can find it here. Luke 15:11-32.

God Bless
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Please, let's stick to the topic at hand. Don't start preaching in this thread. Respect the beliefs of others, and respect that God is perceived differently by everyone.

Spitiual beliefs are personal things. If you are a Christian musician, feel free to add your name here, but further religious discussion is best kept to other forums, as per the rules of this message board.

Thanks,

Mikey
vai.com
sap

There are alot of great christian music and musicians out there. On Kurt Karr's album Awesone Wonder there is a song called "We Declare War". The bass part is some of the best playing I've heard. Kirk Franklin and Fred Hammond also have good musicians. These artist are black gospel so they are heavy on bass and drums. Also, Kirk Franklin's song "Hosana" has a good guitar wah wah part.
budt

Mikey wrote:Spitiual beliefs are personal things.
For The Love Of God, religion is like a finger pointing to the moon.
Don't look at the finger, or you will miss all that heavenly glory ...
burnt out

I'm a bible believer.I may not be the bestest follower but I know the truth when I hear it.The politicians have all sold us out.The world looks pretty grim at this point. :cry:
Yorksha_Pud

For all you prog rock fans out there, check out Neal Morse's solo albums. He became a christian a few years ago and left his prog band Spock's Beard to do his own christian prog music. Mike Portnoy and Jordan Rudess play on his albums, so its great prog music mixed with inspiring Christian lyrics, its fantastic!! :lol:
endor

P.O.D, awesome Christian rock group!!!!

Alex,
nickcat0

endor wrote:P.O.D, awesome Christian rock group!!!!

Alex,
Yes but they're not a patch on Stryper ........... or should that be a yellow and black patch :wink:
burnt out

I always liked Triumph as a secular 'rock' band with a positive Christian message.And they rock!
Melodic Dreamer

There is a slightly older band called Benjamin Gate that I really enjoy.
Here is their first video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pjg8oVsJAos
guyzif

I am a Christian and while i dont go to church or follow most of the dogma layed down in the bible i do follow Jesus' ideas about living your life.

I did play in a church briefly, but not anymore.
Stephen Brown

I am a Christian but struggle to listen to anything good that I get on with, in the Christian world of music. Some of it moves me while others make me cringe.
vaitron

and what´s going on with the other c musicians when you see the number of the best on this side?