any christian musicians here???

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
lester

i'm a born again.. and im proud of it... :D
vaitron

me :) but i will out of this board, then here is a moderator with the number of the beast and what i will tell jesus when he ask me you saw it and don´t go out of there
but i have writen to mikey and tell him please ban me i don´t will be a member anymore but my membername is aktiv. so my last change is to make real trouble or what. is here anybody who understand me?
Last edited by vaitron on Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
jdnmusic

im a christian. =]
Melodic Dreamer

I have been a Christian for 12 years now. Jesus seems to have become a curse word to most, but I love him with all of my heart. Am I trying to force my beliefs on anyone "NO" just expressing myself in this wonderful thread!
endor

Jesus rocks, i bet hed be hell of a guitar player

Alex,
nickcat0

I'm a Christian , and many years ago , in my youth I used to be involved in playing music at church .

I stopped attending because I believe that my prayers are just as valid if delivered in private and I'm not convinced by the formal / traditional / orthodox church service .

Things may now be about to come full circle because my 9 year old son has been asked to join the choir at our local church .

His piano teacher also happens to be the organist and choirmaster at the church , and asked him to audition for the choir . He's passed the voice test and has now been invited to attend choir practise for the next 4 weeks to see if he likes it .

Looks like I'll be spending weekends in church for the next few years after all . :lol:
Melodic Dreamer

nickcat0 wrote:I'm a Christian , and many years ago , in my youth I used to be involved in playing music at church .

I stopped attending because I believe that my prayers are just as valid if delivered in private and I'm not convinced by the formal / traditional / orthodox church service .

Things may now be about to come full circle because my 9 year old son has been asked to join the choir at our local church .

His piano teacher also happens to be the organist and choirmaster at the church , and asked him to audition for the choir . He's passed the voice test and has now been invited to attend choir practise for the next 4 weeks to see if he likes it .

Looks like I'll be spending weekends in church for the next few years after all . :lol:

I don't agree with everything that goes on, but I know I need to go. Not so much to have my prayers answered, but I know I need the fellowship of my fellow brethren.
endor

The church is good becuase it is written that wher 2 or more believes come together, god is there in there presence.

Alex,
nickcat0

Melodic Dreamer - I respect your need for fellowship and I totally understand it .

endor - I am familiar with that scripture , but I also believe that God is with you 24/7 and hears your prayers wherever you are . In fact there have been many instances in my life where I've been alone yet my prayers have been answered in the affirmative .

The thing we have to remember of course is that just because sometimes our prayers don't result in us getting what we want , doesn't mean they weren't answered , it just means the answer was no . :wink:
Melodic Dreamer

Oh, I wasn't saying you need church to have your prayers answered. God is with us at all times. If we could live in that state of mind we might try and live a holier life than we do. I'm so thankful that God is as forgiving as he is. I definitely need it. lol

I also don't believe a church is the center point of a persons walk with God.
A lot of times I can get discouraged with how a service may go, but I keep in mind the commandment of God to
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching"
It's awesome that we have this many Christians on the Vai forum. Awesome!
tenstrings

Me!

I play bass, acoustic and electric guitar at church. I also help with organising musicians and rehearsals.

J
nickcat0

Melodic Dreamer wrote:Oh, I wasn't saying you need church to have your prayers answered. God is with us at all times. If we could live in that state of mind we might try and live a holier life than we do. I'm so thankful that God is as forgiving as he is. I definitely need it. lol

I also don't believe a church is the center point of a persons walk with God.
A lot of times I can get discouraged with how a service may go, but I keep in mind the commandment of God to
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching"
It's awesome that we have this many Christians on the Vai forum. Awesome!
Hmmm , maybe I need to reconsider my attitude to church attendance . But it seems I'll be attending anyway .

Not surprised that there are a lot of Christians on this board , as I'm sure there are lots of other faiths represented here . I've always thought Steve's music has a spiritual edge to it , that is lacking in say ....... Judas Priest . I don't wish to generalise but I would think that the sort of people who have faith in a spiritual being , would be the sort of people who would appreciate Steve's qualities as a human being and a musician .
endor

Yeah god is with you 24/7, and yeah Ive had my prayers answered. Askth and thou shall receive. But i think its the idea that when people get together and commit in divine worship, that god finds this pleasing.

Alex,
jake
Newcomer

i think going to church would be like how playing with other guiatrists often improves your playing.
but i dont go at the moment, probably should seeing as i have finished school and that would have been the excuse not to go
jdnmusic

to everyone thats said theyre a christian may i ask all of you to pray for me to stop cussing?
just when you say a prayer at night or in the morning or whatever.
thatd be great if you did!

its not a huge deal but ive recently re-developed a cussing habit and i need to break it.
so if you could please pray for me id appreciate it a ton! :D