Mika: Life in Cartoon Motion

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
sonny sixshooter

nickcat0 wrote:All valid ideas Bill ......... I need to do something to avoid having to listen to him .
When we went to see X - Factor at the M.E.N. Arena , I just kept nipping out to the refreshment stalls , but this is at the Apollo , and the bar is inside the auditorium . :shock:

Funny how I have to accompany her to Mika , Diana Ross , Elton John , X Factor , but she won't come with me to see Steve Vai or Chris Cornell .
Now there, I have struck gold. My girlfriend goes to all the metal shows I go to, and she is beginning to like it! She even ent with me to Amsterdam to see Steve since he didn't come to Denmark this time around.

Besides, she is not that much into music, which means I don't have to see all the crappy shows at exorbitant prices.

As for Mika... well, bad cd's fly rather well.
Big Bad Bill

nickcat0 wrote:Funny how I have to accompany her to Mika , Diana Ross , Elton John , X Factor , but she won't come with me to see Steve Vai or Chris Cornell .
Ahhh, you hvae to put your foot down, my friend. Doesn't she have any girly friends who she could go with?
sonnysixshooter wrote:Now there, I have struck gold. My girlfriend goes to all the metal shows I go to, and she is beginning to like it!.
Why would anyone want to go out to a gig with one's other half? They only cramp your style :wink:
sonny sixshooter

Big Bad Bill wrote:Why would anyone want to go out to a gig with one's other half? They only cramp your style :wink:
Indeed, one would think so. But I get to do whatever i like... maybe there is a catch somewhere, that I haven't seen, or won't see for years to come, but believe it or not, it is rather fun.
Big Bad Bill

sonny sixshooter wrote:Indeed, one would think so. But I get to do whatever i like... maybe there is a catch somewhere, that I haven't seen, or won't see for years to come, but believe it or not, it is rather fun.
Oh no, sonny sixshooter-she's voodooed you! Your soul is damned to everlasting domesticity, ironing, coming in when she says-and the really sad thing is, you won't mind! It happened to me years ago and..........hang on, she's calling me......"Cup of tea? Yes love...right away, love........."

Must dash............
sonny sixshooter

Big Bad Bill wrote:Oh no, sonny sixshooter-she's voodooed you! Your soul is damned to everlasting domesticity, ironing, coming in when she says-and the really sad thing is, you won't mind! It happened to me years ago and..........hang on, she's calling me......"Cup of tea? Yes love...right away, love........."

Must dash............
The harsh, but truthfull words of experience...
RM

Ok, so a few days ago I wasn't impressed with Mika at all...Decent enough songs, but nothing special...

I saw him at V festival yesterday and he was amazing. I couldn't believe how good he was. I wanted to hate it, but the guys control of his voice is awesome - not a single note out of place for the entire show.

Plus, his band are amazing as well

(Lily Allen's band were great too, but she wasn't that good!)

But, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, if you like Mika, take a listen to Paul Steel. He also played V and was to me the highlight of the day. The backing vocals and guitar plaing in the band are really great.
nickcat0

Big Bad Bill wrote:
sonny sixshooter wrote:Indeed, one would think so. But I get to do whatever i like... maybe there is a catch somewhere, that I haven't seen, or won't see for years to come, but believe it or not, it is rather fun.
Oh no, sonny sixshooter-she's voodooed you! Your soul is damned to everlasting domesticity, ironing, coming in when she says-and the really sad thing is, you won't mind! It happened to me years ago and..........hang on, she's calling me......"Cup of tea? Yes love...right away, love........."

Must dash............
Gosh....you too ?...... my lovely lady used to accompany me to all sorts of sporting events until I was voodooed .
She still comes to football with me , but everything else I'm on my own .
Azyiu

BorgAngel wrote:yeah he sounds like Freddie and he does a little like him as well..
But there can be only one Freddie Mercury!!! :P