Mika: Life in Cartoon Motion

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
SPQR

Hi vai-braters any you guys into the new guy on the uk scene "Mika". His new album is so amazing, very vai-ish is his own special ways with variations with dynamics,pitch and rythemic pattarns. Very inspiring indeed should give him a listen to.

8)www.mikasounds.com/uk.php
Xynia

I haven't heard his album, but I must say I do really like the single 'Grace Kelly'... it's so damn catchy...I'll have to check out that album.
SPQR

Yea please do the album is amazing honestly .Tesco for 8.99
cbr1000f

I listened for about 10 secs and it sounded like the scissor sisters :D But maybe it's just me.
Big Bad Bill

I really like the falsetto stuff he does in 'Grace Kelly', but I'll wait for another single before investing! He was on the Jonathan Ross Radio2 Show last Saturday and did a live number which was a little cacophonous to say the least!
John

I really dig him, I think he's very creative and inspired.
sunai

he's really quirky
the good way
acoates

He's good, doesn't have nearly as much stamina as Freddy did live, though. And his video for big girls is just ew

But other than that, great.
RM

If you guys think Mika is good, check out the act who will be appearing on the UK scene next month - Paul Steel. Amazing songs and a great personality...live band are awesome

http://www.myspace.com/paulsteel

http://www.paulsteelmusic.com

Single out in September I think
Big Bad Bill

I heard the album a few times a while back having bought a copy for my other half and I have to say I now think it's one of the worst albums I've ever heard! Every song is a complete rip off of another artist. It's not influenced by others, Mika sounds like he's ripping them off! I really hate it. Oh, and if you hear a snippet of one of the songs, that's it, you're singing the damn thing all day.
nickcat0

Not a fan , but I'm going to see him in November .

My wife needs someone to go with her :roll:
Big Bad Bill

Oh, you poor chap. Try drinking yourself to the point of unconsciousness before hand, gluing some iPOD earphones into your lug-holes (lest they should fall out) and play Steve's entire catalogue of music for the duration of the concert. You may then escape unscathed.
Leanne_777

At first I though he was all quirky and cool but he's getting a bit annoying. And his jeans are too tight but not in a cool Skid Row kind of way.
nickcat0

All valid ideas Bill ......... I need to do something to avoid having to listen to him .
When we went to see X - Factor at the M.E.N. Arena , I just kept nipping out to the refreshment stalls , but this is at the Apollo , and the bar is inside the auditorium . :shock:

Funny how I have to accompany her to Mika , Diana Ross , Elton John , X Factor , but she won't come with me to see Steve Vai or Chris Cornell .
BorgAngel

acoates wrote:He's good, doesn't have nearly as much stamina as Freddy did live, though. And his video for big girls is just ew

But other than that, great.
FREDDIE NOT FREDDY... :roll:

I feel insulted as a huge huge Queen fan... :P

But yeah he sounds like Freddie and he does a little like him as well..