Mustaine Vs Kirk

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Guitarmiester

I know he can play without the wah, it was a joke... if you've ever seen them live Hammett steps on his wah for just about every solo.
call_of_ktulu

when did it happen? (the cemetary gates solo) where can i get that solo?
fiddlemord

call_of_ktulu wrote:when did it happen? (the cemetary gates solo) where can i get that solo?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiH_yDpyRDU (Enjoy :lol: )

@Guitarmiester: Sorry if sounded too serious. I've seen Metallica live a couple of times and Kirk does certainly use the wah-wah on some spots you wouldn't want him to. Luckily, there are some solos where the wah just doesn't fit, and Kirk has realised this too :)

E: HAHAHA!!! Man, they screwed up Dimebag's name in the end too!!! It's Abbott, not Williams you idiots! Ane he lived 1966 - 2004, not 1965 - 2005. Jesus H. Christ, what a fiasco!
call_of_ktulu

thnx man for the vid

those people on utube are sayin that petrucci is better than dave what do u think?
GregN

call_of_ktulu wrote:thnx man for the vid

those people on utube are sayin that petrucci is better than dave what do u think?
IMO Petrucci owns dave..

he is one of the mos technical guitarist around, but can still write interesting as well as moving peices.

He is quite a guitarsit, check out some Dream Theater and you be the judge.
Guitarmiester

Dave's good at what he's been doing. To even compare try to compare him to Petrucci is ridiculous. There's no point and they have two totally different styles.

Dream Theater is one of my favorite bands. I think that Cemetery Gates video does more than enough talking.
cioran

Kirk took, what, 5 lessons with Satch. Read an interview with the two of them several years ago. Kirk had 'made up some questions of his own' for Satch which the mag allowed him to ask - the whole thing felt like I imagine 'bring your kids to work' day...
Satch was himself, Kirk came off as a complete moron.
I don't necessarily hold Metallica members' less than developed intellects against them, but there's such a thing as a freak show, and that's in bad taste.

Mustaine has a real talent for riffs and (sometimes) songwriting- that's about it.
Kirk is so lousy I have no clue why he's in a band, let alone a successful one.
ibanezrg

GregN wrote:
call_of_ktulu wrote:thnx man for the vid

IMO Petrucci owns dave..

he is one of the mos technical guitarist around, but can still write interesting as well as moving peices.

He is quite a guitarsit, check out some Dream Theater and you be the judge.
First of all, why the hell are people comparing the two?? Completely different styles. Petrucci is fantastic at playing, but that doesn't make him a good musician - he has no emotion in his playing, and all he does his go fast and get all technical all of the time - Plus, alot of Dream Theater songs are too boring for me, as to where Megadeth ~ they write catchy riffs and constantly change that riff/rythym which makes it sound more "exciting" 8) . IMO :roll:
Guitarmiester

ibanezrg wrote:Petrucci is fantastic at playing, but that doesn't make him a good musician - he has no emotion in his playing, and all he does his go fast and get all technical all of the time - Plus, alot of Dream Theater songs are too boring for me, as to where Megadeth ~ they write catchy riffs and constantly change that riff/rythym which makes it sound more "exciting" 8) . IMO :roll:
:lol: Thanks for the laugh.
ibanezrg

Guitarmiester wrote:
ibanezrg wrote:Petrucci is fantastic at playing, but that doesn't make him a good musician - he has no emotion in his playing, and all he does his go fast and get all technical all of the time - Plus, alot of Dream Theater songs are too boring for me, as to where Megadeth ~ they write catchy riffs and constantly change that riff/rythym which makes it sound more "exciting" 8) . IMO :roll:
:lol: Thanks for the laugh.
I'm a funny one aren't I, hahaha BITCH :wink:
Guitarmiester

ibanezrg wrote:he has no emotion in his playing, and all he does his go fast and get all technical all of the time... I'm a funny one aren't I, hahaha BITCH :wink:
:roll: I can tell a lot of thinking went into that reply. "All he does his go fast and get all technical all of the time." That gives away that you've obviously only heard a few DT songs.
GregN

Guitarmiester wrote:
ibanezrg wrote:he has no emotion in his playing, and all he does his go fast and get all technical all of the time... I'm a funny one aren't I, hahaha BITCH :wink:
:roll: I can tell a lot of thinking went into that reply. "All he does his go fast and get all technical all of the time." That gives away that you've obviously only heard a few DT songs.
yea seriosly...thats not true at all....
slash89

Wasn't this thread supposed to be about Kirk and Dave, not Petrucci :wink:
fiddlemord

Edited: I wish I could delete this post...
Last edited by fiddlemord on Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
GregN

slash89 wrote:Wasn't this thread supposed to be about Kirk and Dave, not Petrucci :wink:
hahaha fair enough i blame call_of_ktulu :wink:

damn newcomers :lol:

(kidding of course)