Mustaine Vs Kirk

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Seraphim

fiddlemord wrote:
Seraphim wrote:I wonder what opinion "fiddlemord" have... :wink:
I respect both guitarists and both of them are very influential and important in the history of heavy metal. Both of them are very skilled and both have written many wonderful solos during their career. But both have also written many solos during their career I don't like...Mainly because both have mostly sticked it to the minor pentatonic scale and so the licks sometimes sound repetitive etc. But both Dave and Kirk still rule.
Now, I gonna quote you:
fiddlemord wrote:Words of truth.
:wink: 8) :P
ibanezrg

VAI05 wrote:
ibanezrg wrote:Dave Mustaine is only....1000 times better. Better riffage, solos, even lyrics (if Kirk writes the lyrics, I'm not sure if he does). I look at Dave as a metal master. And I look at Kirk as a (wanna-be) metal follower.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hahaha :lol: Finally someone who agrees!! :D I feel so happy now 8)
fiddlemord

Seraphim wrote:
fiddlemord wrote:
Seraphim wrote:I wonder what opinion "fiddlemord" have... :wink:
I respect both guitarists and both of them are very influential and important in the history of heavy metal. Both of them are very skilled and both have written many wonderful solos during their career. But both have also written many solos during their career I don't like...Mainly because both have mostly sticked it to the minor pentatonic scale and so the licks sometimes sound repetitive etc. But both Dave and Kirk still rule.
Now, I gonna quote you:
fiddlemord wrote:Words of truth.
:wink: 8) :P
Haha, thanks man :D Hail Megadeth and Metallica!
catscratchfever

dude, kirk rules, his riffs are so much more powerful, but hey thats my opinion, and i say to hail both metallica and megadeth (metallica, just a bit more i'd say) :P
burnt out

I like them both and that's all that matters.

If Kirk wrote Sanitarium then you gotta give him props for that since it's one of their best ever songs,IMHO.

Kirk's soloing on AJFA is pretty sweet! too.

Mustaine's probably more talented overall as he is clearly a monster riffer and rhythm player plus he can solo.He's James and Kirk rolled into one and probably bests both of them.Not wild about his singing though.I like the early Megadeth albums best.His singing was best I think on the 1st,third and fourth Megadeth albums,but that second one still had some pretty impressive guitar.
Seraphim

ibanezrg wrote:hahaha :lol: Finally someone who agrees!! :D I feel so happy now 8)
But I have agreed with you...
Seraphim wrote:
ibanezrg wrote:Dave Mustaine is only....1000 times better.

I didn't expect nothing more than that from you... :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

or not... :?

Well, even sick and dressed with pijama I have inside one t-shirt of....

...megadeth :P
Benjammin105

It seems like this contest is a little off. Shouldn't we be comparing Hetfield and Mustaine or Kirk and Friedman? Maybe I'm wrong, but Mustaines a frontman and Kirk is a 2nd guitarist as far as roles in the bands goes.
applesteam

I have to say Kirk is better at solo's and maybe dave is better at writing riffs, I don't know.
I mean,If you listen to kirks solos on the master of puppets album, i can't imagine mustaine coming close to that level...
udy

We have never decide who the better is. Interesting He likes me or not. Mustaine maybe is a better composer and player but Kirk suits to Met. perfectly. If I had to take my sign down, I would do it next to Mustain...
Guitarmiester

Even after seeing Mustaine BUTCHER the Cemetery Gates solo, I gotta go with Mustaine.
ibanezrg

Benjammin105 wrote:It seems like this contest is a little off. Shouldn't we be comparing Hetfield and Mustaine or Kirk and Friedman? Maybe I'm wrong, but Mustaines a frontman and Kirk is a 2nd guitarist as far as roles in the bands goes.
I hope you're joking. Kirk should never be compared to Friedman. For one thing they have 2 comepletly different styles and Marty could kick anyone's ass in competition. ANYONE'S!! Kirk doesn't deserve to be put up to Marty. He deserves to be put up to like....well I don't really know anyone that does his level/style/etc.
lydian2000

ibanezrg wrote:
Benjammin105 wrote:It seems like this contest is a little off. Shouldn't we be comparing Hetfield and Mustaine or Kirk and Friedman? Maybe I'm wrong, but Mustaines a frontman and Kirk is a 2nd guitarist as far as roles in the bands goes.
I hope you're joking. Kirk should never be compared to Friedman. For one thing they have 2 comepletly different styles and Marty could kick anyone's ass in competition. ANYONE'S!! Kirk doesn't deserve to be put up to Marty. He deserves to be put up to like....well I don't really know anyone that does his level/style/etc.
I couldn't agree more, shred and songwriting/singing do not often go in pairs.
fiddlemord

Guitarmiester wrote:Even after seeing Mustaine BUTCHER the Cemetery Gates solo, I gotta go with Mustaine.
:lol: Thanks for cracking me up. I totally forgot the solo, it's one of the worst I've ever heard. All the other guys do a pretty sweet work on the song, but once Dave has finished his solo, the audience looks quite dumbstruck.

No wonder why :lol:
Guitarmiester

What a shame that was. The song was going great, Mustaine stepped up to the plate... and, Wow! :lol:

Comparing Hammett to Friedman?! :roll: That's a joke. I wonder what Hammett would do if someone took his wah pedal away during a live show. :lol:
fiddlemord

Guitarmiester wrote:What a shame that was. The song was going great, Mustaine stepped up to the plate... and, Wow! :lol:

Comparing Hammett to Friedman?! :roll: That's a joke. I wonder what Hammett would do if someone took his wah pedal away during a live show. :lol:
Hammett can play without the wah too...But he's certainly not the most accurate guitarist in the biz. I like Friedman's style more, his exotic solos are more interesting to me than Kirk's, although I love some of his solos dearly (like One, Master Of Puppets, Harvester Of Sorrow, Frayed Ends Of Sanity etc...).

Mustaine is not the most accurate guitarist either, but on the Cemetery Gates-cover...I don't believe Kirk has ever messed up THAT bad :lol: