G3 2007 : Satriani - Petrucci - Gilbert

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Guitarcraft
Newcomer

The 2007 incarnation of Joe Satriani's popular G3 tour will kick off on March 14th in Phoenix starring SATRIANI, JOHN PETRUCCI and PAUL GILBERT. The tour will play selected dates in North America throughout March and April. The starting tour itinerary follows with more dates TBA shortly.

http://www.satriani.com/G3/2007/PR.shtml

www.satriani.com
Shy Boy

*Prays for Texas dates*
TongueNGroove

Arg, is petrucci taking over vai's spot slowly but surely? he's like on every G3 now. I know vai couldn't attend because he is mixing another album, but still, I am tired of petrucci.

Gilbert is a nice addition though

I wanna see Timmons or Govan or Mattias.
bpd111

Does anyone know why Steve isn't on board? Mikey?
Azyiu

I am not surprised Dr. Vai isn't on this tour. After all, previous Euro G3 was without Dr. Vai too. In the end, it is Satch's call and Steve's schedule is just too busy, I guess. All in all, I think it will be a fun tour and we will start seeing different lineups than the usual one from now on. So get used to it, I think.
Booligan

please, please, OH GOD PLEASE add some Euro dates. I promise to be nice to everyone.
GGGrev

I'm happy with the line up, not complaining but without Steve is a bit... just feels a bit empty, but the line up is great nonetheless.
j.arledge

please oh please come to texas , i'd fo sho go to dallas or just about anywhere else to see them i just hope steve is at summer namm so i can see him as well or get an autograph or two . :lol:
bpd111

GGGrev wrote:...just feels a bit empty...
I'm with you. Instead of "I'm there." I'm going to think about it.
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

So I guess you have to have an "account" @ Satch's site to be able to get tix? :? :(
lydian2000

PAUL GILBERT !!!!! :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

:peace 8)
endor

CymbalSplittingSkinbasher wrote:So I guess you have to have an "account" @ Satch's site to be able to get tix? :? :(

I doubt that. you just have to order from ticket master or whatever. Man, they better come to Toronto.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

bpd111 wrote:Does anyone know why Steve isn't on board? Mikey?
Steve wants to spend more time working on his own material, and in my book, that's nothing but good news.

G3 is great, and people should be excited about Paul joining the lineup. I saw him play the other night and he was nothing short of incredible.

Mikey
vai.com
j.arledge

Mikey wrote:
bpd111 wrote:Does anyone know why Steve isn't on board? Mikey?
Steve wants to spend more time working on his own material, and in my book, that's nothing but good news.

G3 is great, and people should be excited about Paul joining the lineup. I saw him play the other night and he was nothing short of incredible.

Mikey
vai.com
yep i wondered when steve was going to get a chance to get back in the studio between zpz and the other things he has been doing so yeah if he is working on his own stuff that is very cool i'd like to buy a new album :D

rusty cooley said he saw paul gilbert play and it was pretty damn good , so i am excited that he is going on g3 .
Seraphim

Mikey wrote:... and in my book...
Of topic, but I have notice that detail... Congrats Mikey :P

About the topic. Yes, a great line-up!!! I read somewhere that Joe have add more dates for europe, but I check his site and I only saw the US ones, anyone?