Metallica's problem(s)....?!!!..SKOM.

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
User avatar
Leanne_777
Member
Member
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:31 am

burnt out wrote:
notavirtuoso wrote:
burnt out wrote:
I still stand by my statement that music should be more like Joe Satriani and less like King Diamond.

Anyone who disagrees with that has mental issues as far as I'm concerned and should seek professional help.
Your opinion is not wrong. There is no right or wrong in the matters of opinion. You seem to be taking issue with the fact that your opinion is not being respected. How can you expect anyone to consider respecting your opinion when you clearly respect none other than your own?
Atleast I have my own opinions. :lol:

The group of groupthinking metal sycophants don't like that I am critical of metal and so they attack me and my posts and assume they know all about me and all sorts of other childish shit.

I don't know why people online are all such retards but they all act like that.I wish people had the mental strength to just state their own opinions in a way that if they have a contrary opinion then they can make a contrary statement without having to INSTANTLY attack the poster that they disagree with or try to define them as this or that or the other or tell them what they know or don't know,blah blah blah blah blah.This leads to more shit on the internet. :roll:

Here's how it SHOULD work:

person one: " I hate pie"

person two: "mmm I like pie"


But on most of the internet what you get instead is:

person one: "I don't like pie"

person two: "You don't know anything about pie because your mom's a dumb filthy crack whore,you've never had pie,your dumb and eveyone hates you"

person one: "WTF was that all about then?"

persons 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9: "PERSON ONE IS SUCH A LOSER! HE NEEDS TO GET ANAL RAPED BY EVERYONE HERE AND THEN GET BANNED FROM THE BOARD"...

mod: uh person one you suck

person one: wtf man?

And then person one does get banned.

etc.

That seems to be what happens every time.

It's pretty consistently that way from my vast experiences.

No one ever just states contrary opinons.They ALWAYS throw in some barb that starts shit.Then when I give it back I always get banned.

You either go along with the groupthink or you eventually end up getting banned.

Oh well... :lol:

Could be the human race is done...

And good riddance to it.

I fart on it. :shock:
Dude, I couldn't care less if you are critical of metal, it's up to you. But there's a difference between being critical and waging war on people who take issue with what you say.

I don't like quoting people and poking holes in their ridiculous generalisations but I feel like you have to defend myself and other people who like metal. Did you at one point say that in order to like metal you need to be from the circus of the 7th level of hell? Do you honestly think that is an acceptable thing to say about the people you talk to here?

I don't mean to get personal and I sincerely apologise in English is not your first language but I think you might want to review the way you express your views as that is what people are taking issue with, not your opinions. Your opinions are as valid as mine but I would never see it necessary or acceptable to call you a 'groupthinking sycophant' or to claim that you have no opinion just because it dies not fall in line with my own. I have much more repect for this board, the lovely people on it, and more so, myself than to resort to name calling when disagreed with.
User avatar
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher
Member
Member
Posts: 1533
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:59 am

..."music should be more like Joe Satriani and less like King Diamond." :lol: This is so funny :lol:
User avatar
Leanne_777
Member
Member
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:31 am

^^^ Yeah, I can imagine a light bulb going off over King Diamond's head somewhere......"So that's where I'm going wrong!"
slash89
Member
Member
Posts: 2303
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:49 am

Leanne_777 wrote:^^^ Yeah, I can imagine a light bulb going off over King Diamond's head somewhere......"So that's where I'm going wrong!"
Yeah, and his next solo album will be Surfing with the Devil
User avatar
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher
Member
Member
Posts: 1533
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:59 am

...or Impaling The Alien :twisted: :lol:
treeduck
Member
Member
Posts: 1020
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:21 pm

treeduck wrote:I'd just like to state that I've never been a fan of Metallica, so maybe I'm biased. They've had their problems of course, I remember very clearly when Cliff Burton died and that was a tragedy.

I have to be honest though and say I think they're crap and Hammet sucks. Now you probably aren't gonna like that ,you Metallica fans, but I'm prepared to back it up, because wow Kirk can't even play the bands own riffs!!! Watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=546KjKMB9kw



:lol: :roll: :twisted: :lol: :P
Wow don't you Metallica fans even care that KH can't even play his own riffs??? That's even funnier...

:lol:
GregN
Member
Member
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:22 am

treeduck wrote:
treeduck wrote:I'd just like to state that I've never been a fan of Metallica, so maybe I'm biased. They've had their problems of course, I remember very clearly when Cliff Burton died and that was a tragedy.

I have to be honest though and say I think they're crap and Hammet sucks. Now you probably aren't gonna like that ,you Metallica fans, but I'm prepared to back it up, because wow Kirk can't even play the bands own riffs!!! Watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=546KjKMB9kw



:lol: :roll: :twisted: :lol: :P
Wow don't you Metallica fans even care that KH can't even play his own riffs??? That's even funnier...

:lol:
Herman Li and Sam Trotman cant play their own songs either.
User avatar
Leanne_777
Member
Member
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:31 am

GregN wrote:
treeduck wrote:
treeduck wrote:I'd just like to state that I've never been a fan of Metallica, so maybe I'm biased. They've had their problems of course, I remember very clearly when Cliff Burton died and that was a tragedy.

I have to be honest though and say I think they're crap and Hammet sucks. Now you probably aren't gonna like that ,you Metallica fans, but I'm prepared to back it up, because wow Kirk can't even play the bands own riffs!!! Watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=546KjKMB9kw



:lol: :roll: :twisted: :lol: :P
Wow don't you Metallica fans even care that KH can't even play his own riffs??? That's even funnier...

:lol:
Herman Li and Sam Trotman cant play their own songs either.
Yeah, I just saw a video on YouTube of John Petrucci fluffing up Universal Mind, it happens to the best of them.
fiddlemord
Member
Member
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:41 am

treeduck wrote:
treeduck wrote:I'd just like to state that I've never been a fan of Metallica, so maybe I'm biased. They've had their problems of course, I remember very clearly when Cliff Burton died and that was a tragedy.

I have to be honest though and say I think they're crap and Hammet sucks. Now you probably aren't gonna like that ,you Metallica fans, but I'm prepared to back it up, because wow Kirk can't even play the bands own riffs!!! Watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=546KjKMB9kw



:lol: :roll: :twisted: :lol: :P
Wow don't you Metallica fans even care that KH can't even play his own riffs??? That's even funnier...

:lol:
So, answer this one honestly. Do you play everything perfectly everytime you play? I mean, like actually without any mistakes? Shit happens to everyone, it doesn't mean they're all shit and stuff...
slash89
Member
Member
Posts: 2303
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:49 am

That's true. Metallica is far from shitty :wink:
User avatar
notavirtuoso
Member
Member
Posts: 587
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:56 pm

Yeah, sometimes the fingers just don't wanna cooperate with ya for some reason. I can't bash Kurt's playing, he's a far better guitarist than I. I don't particularly like some of his solos, but that has nothing to do with his abilities, only his tastes. It was kinda funny to see him get frustrated like the rest of us do when things don't work right though. We're all human.
fiddlemord
Member
Member
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:41 am

notavirtuoso wrote:Yeah, sometimes the fingers just don't wanna cooperate with ya for some reason. I can't bash Kurt's playing, he's a far better guitarist than I. I don't particularly like some of his solos, but that has nothing to do with his abilities, only his tastes. It was kinda funny to see him get frustrated like the rest of us do when things don't work right though. We're all human.
Yeah, exactly. If I don't warm-up well, my playing might not be very smooth and my fingers just get stuck. I don't consider Kirk a virtuoso either, but why does someone have to be a virtuoso? For me, it's much more important to enjoy the music and the playing.

Btw, I love your username :D
User avatar
notavirtuoso
Member
Member
Posts: 587
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:56 pm

fiddlemord wrote:
notavirtuoso wrote:Yeah, sometimes the fingers just don't wanna cooperate with ya for some reason. I can't bash Kurt's playing, he's a far better guitarist than I. I don't particularly like some of his solos, but that has nothing to do with his abilities, only his tastes. It was kinda funny to see him get frustrated like the rest of us do when things don't work right though. We're all human.
Yeah, exactly. If I don't warm-up well, my playing might not be very smooth and my fingers just get stuck. I don't consider Kirk a virtuoso either, but why does someone have to be a virtuoso? For me, it's much more important to enjoy the music and the playing.

Btw, I love your username :D
Thanks, just trying to be honest (about the username). I've been goofing around with the guitar for about ten years but you wouldn't know it to listen to me. I've seen twelve year olds at the local shop that could play circles around me. I just like to jam a little, noodle out a song or two and have fun. Works for me.
fiddlemord
Member
Member
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:41 am

notavirtuoso wrote:
fiddlemord wrote:
notavirtuoso wrote:Yeah, sometimes the fingers just don't wanna cooperate with ya for some reason. I can't bash Kurt's playing, he's a far better guitarist than I. I don't particularly like some of his solos, but that has nothing to do with his abilities, only his tastes. It was kinda funny to see him get frustrated like the rest of us do when things don't work right though. We're all human.
Yeah, exactly. If I don't warm-up well, my playing might not be very smooth and my fingers just get stuck. I don't consider Kirk a virtuoso either, but why does someone have to be a virtuoso? For me, it's much more important to enjoy the music and the playing.

Btw, I love your username :D
Thanks, just trying to be honest (about the username). I've been goofing around with the guitar for about ten years but you wouldn't know it to listen to me. I've seen twelve year olds at the local shop that could play circles around me. I just like to jam a little, noodle out a song or two and have fun. Works for me.
Exactly. I don't think being a virtuoso is the essence of playing music. I enjoy developing my skills and it's always great to notice at some point that I can play something I couldn't before. But I get a better feeling when I come up with musical ideas that satisfy me. I guess all the Metallica-members are the same. I've never considered none of the players in the band virtuosos, but the musical genius in them is evident. This is the way I see it, but each to their own...
Post Reply