Metallica's problem(s)....?!!!..SKOM.

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
777lovein

it don´t comes to my ears before that metallica got problems. with problems`?
burnt out

Leanne_777 wrote:
burnt out wrote:Childish rebellion is what metal is all about
Do you honestly wonder why people think that ^^^^ is a weak argument? I'm glad you think metal head's reaction to what is honestly offensive to us is funny.
And the :lol: :lol: make it that much more palatable.
That wasn't my argument.That was just a quick retort.

My argument is that metal doesn't sound very good and has bad vocals and stupid lyrics about Satan and his pals.

Rock is far and away superior music because it values vocals among other vitally important aspects of music like fusing ALL SORTS OF different styles together and playing all sorts of instruments and realising that a band can exceed just the basic four members formula.

Metal seems to disrespect decent vocals and therefore metal doesn't respect and appreciate music.

Sure lots of metal guitar is good...SO WHAT?

There's more to music than just thinking you're a badass who can wiggle his fingers like a motherfucker.

8) want more arguments against metal (?),I can give you lots more
fiddlemord

burnt out wrote:That wasn't my argument.That was just a quick retort.

My argument is that metal doesn't sound very good and has bad vocals and stupid lyrics about Satan and his pals.

Rock is far and away superior music because it values vocals among other vitally important aspects of music like fusing ALL SORTS OF different styles together and playing all sorts of instruments and realising that a band can exceed just the basic four members formula.

Metal seems to disrespect decent vocals and therefore metal doesn't respect and appreciate music.

There's more to music than just thinking you're a badass who can wiggle his fingers like a motherfucker.

Like said countless times before, not all metal tells about satan. Actually, more than half of modern metal does not. Besides, telling me metal bands stick only to guitars, drums and bass is crazy. Many bands have keyboards and some even violins or all kinds of other instruments. Hell, there's even a band called Apocalyptica, which has three cellists and a drummer. And there are many bands with more or less than four members. Besides, who cares what instruments they use or how many members there are if the music is good?

About the vocal-thing, I understand that many people don't like growling-vocals (you know, the kind of that for example Cannibal Corpse uses). It's just a matter of taste. But saying that musicians, who use growling, disrespect decent vocals seems extremely odd to me. What makes you think like this? Some people just like these vocals or might not happen to have a very good voice and feel the growling suits their music and themselves better. There's nothing disrespective about that, just a matter of opinion.

And I believe most of worlds metal fans like some other styles of music. Rock and blues are quite obvious onces, since rock originates from blues and metal originates from rock. But there is also much classical influence on many metal artists. There is also some jazz or even latin influence. Some bands have very groovy or "funky" rhythms and riffs. Some metal bands have even mixed rapping with metal (which I personally don't consider as such a good idea...) and there is lots of other dimensions to it.

It has come clear to me that you have strong and negative opinions about metal. I don't even know why I'm repeating all these things to you week after week, but I feel I should give a, let's say, more realistic image of metal bands. I'm not denying some metal bands have some of the traits you have listed, but there is so much more. All the sickos are just some underground musicians (f.e. some black metal neo-nazis and pagans in Norway or something...sometimes you hear about them burning a church but believe me, most of the metal community look down at this as stupidity, including me).
burnt out

fiddlemord wrote:
burnt out wrote:That wasn't my argument.That was just a quick retort.

Like said countless times before, not all metal tells about satan. Actually, more than half of modern metal does not. Besides, telling me metal bands stick only to guitars, drums and bass is crazy. Many bands have keyboards and some even violins or all kinds of other instruments. Hell, there's even a band called Apocalyptica, which has three cellists and a drummer. And there are many bands with more or less than four members. Besides, who cares what instruments they use or how many members there are if the music is good?

About the vocal-thing, I understand that many people don't like growling-vocals (you know, the kind of that for example Cannibal Corpse uses). It's just a matter of taste. But saying that musicians, who use growling, disrespect decent vocals seems extremely odd to me. What makes you think like this? Some people just like these vocals or might not happen to have a very good voice and feel the growling suits their music and themselves better. There's nothing disrespective about that, just a matter of opinion.

And I believe most of worlds metal fans like some other styles of music. Rock and blues are quite obvious onces, since rock originates from blues and metal originates from rock. But there is also much classical influence on many metal artists. There is also some jazz or even latin influence. Some bands have very groovy or "funky" rhythms and riffs. Some metal bands have even mixed rapping with metal (which I personally don't consider as such a good idea...) and there is lots of other dimensions to it.

It has come clear to me that you have strong and negative opinions about metal. I don't even know why I'm repeating all these things to you week after week, but I feel I should give a, let's say, more realistic image of metal bands. I'm not denying some metal bands have some of the traits you have listed, but there is so much more. All the sickos are just some underground musicians (f.e. some black metal neo-***** and pagans in Norway or something...sometimes you hear about them burning a church but believe me, most of the metal community look down at this as stupidity, including me).
Well that stuff should be condemned.

But satanic themes are still majorly prevalent in most metal.

And weird symbols,etc

And still the vocals sound bad.

Some bands may be branching out to other instruments finally but it's still got that 'metal' thing going on that I don't like because it's too dark or too goth,bland and boring or it's still satanic,pagan,with the weird symbols and is overall too overly 'imagey',etc blech.....

It's long on 'imagey' crap and stuff I find totally worthless and short on things that I think sound good.

I can't believe I'm the only one left in the world who still thinks this way.

I want music not a sideshow.

And there is a big difference between theatrics and showmanship to go WITH the music like you got from someone like Alice Cooper and just a sideshow of freaks who say nothing and who's music is just a bunch of noisy shit that is just second hat to being a freak and being controversial.
They care more about their image than they do about music.

Metal just seems like a bunch of dumb punks who said "oh Ozzy's got an upside down cross there,that's what it's all about" and "oh Alice Cooper wore makeup so that's what it's really all about,"that's how it's done,etc"...

To me that's major disrespect to the music.

Music is the whole point.Atleast it should be.
Not all of this looking like a sideshow freak and acting like one too.And all of this being controversial for the sake of it and being disrespectful for the sake of it like a bunch of rebel's without a cause and without a clue.

That shit seriously gives me hemmorhoids.

Music should be for everybody,not just for some weird little cliques.

I believe music should be something that anyone can enjoy.

I mean you've got stuff out there that plays specifically to Satan-loving,Christ-hating,Christian-hating,Jew-hating,Hitler-loving n4zis.You've got stuff that plays specifically to skinheads and KKK types.You've got music that plays only to people with tattooes and piercings.
And so on....

I think music should be closer to Joe Satriani and less like King Diamond.

Call me weird but I do.

Anyone can like something from Satch.You don't have to be a refugee from the circus or from the seventh level of Hell to dig what he is doing or to know that he's got it goin' on.
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

Even a lot of King Diamond's solo stuff has absolutely nothing to do with satanism, regardless &/or in spite of his personal beliefs. Sure, maybe back in the Mercyful Fate days the satanism aspect was very dominant, but once he left them he basically wrote concept albums, ya know, stories put to music that had nothing to do with satanism. The guitar playing on the KD solo stuff is stellar, I mean come on, Andy La Rocque to start with, you ever hear of him? :shock: :lol: The rhythms, leads & melodies in KD's songs, great drumming & bass playing, original vocals, great arrangements & sound production & on & on. You don't know jack shit about King Diamond except for what some poser told you about him. :roll: :lol:
burnt out

CymbalSplittingSkinbasher wrote:Even a lot of King Diamond's solo stuff has absolutely nothing to do with satanism, regardless &/or in spite of his personal beliefs. Sure, maybe back in the Mercyful Fate days the satanism aspect was very dominant, but once he left them he basically wrote concept albums, ya know, stories put to music that had nothing to do with satanism. The guitar playing on the KD solo stuff is stellar, I mean come on, Andy La Rocque to start with, you ever hear of him? :shock: :lol: The rhythms, leads & melodies in KD's songs, great drumming & bass playing, original vocals, great arrangements & sound production & on & on. You don't know jack shit about King Diamond except for what some poser told you about him. :roll: :lol:
You don't know jack shit about me or what I know or don't know jack shit about.

I don't care about how good his guitarist is.That's part of my point.

It's irrelevent.

I like good guitar work sure but I can get that from almost anywhere without having to listen to some opera singing satanic dickhole with his face painted up to scare people. :lol:

I probably heard Mercyful Fate's shit before you did.I thought it was shit way back then and I think it's shit now.
Leanne_777

burnt out wrote:But satanic themes are still majorly prevalent in most metal.

And weird symbols,etc

The satanic themes comment, I just find laughable, I would really consider just stopping talking about metal if I were you. What on earth are you talking about? What weird symbols? Seriously.
Listen to the following metal singers and tell me honestly that they sound bad:
Ronnie James Dio
Jorn Lande
James LaBrie
Russel Allen

I'm way past being offended by what you're saying. I'm now just finding it amusing to see how deep and ignorant a hole you can dig yourself into and trying to scramble out of it with wildly general, almost puritanical comments.

Be honest, you're Tipper Gore aren't you? Haha.
lydian2000

Leanne_777 wrote:
burnt out wrote:But satanic themes are still majorly prevalent in most metal.

And weird symbols,etc

The satanic themes comment, I just find laughable, I would really consider just stopping talking about metal if I were you. What on earth are you talking about? What weird symbols? Seriously.
Listen to the following metal singers and tell me honestly that they sound bad:
Ronnie James Dio
Jorn Lande
James LaBrie
Russel Allen

I'm way past being offended by what you're saying. I'm now just finding it amusing to see how deep and ignorant a hole you can dig yourself into and trying to scramble out of it with wildly general, almost puritanical comments.

Be honest, you're Tipper Gore aren't you? Haha.
zwish bang ouch... :twisted: :headbang :peace
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

burnt out wrote: "I probably heard Mercyful Fate's shit before you did."

:lol: :lol: :lol: I doubt it pal, I remember when they came out, & has been stated by others, you're clueless. :roll: :lol:
fiddlemord

Ok, burn out... I'll stop here. It's hopeless to try and give you a realistic image of metal if you don't stop to think about it and not go beside the point all the time.

But I stopped to think about this: "Music should be for everybody,not just for some weird little cliques. I believe music should be something that anyone can enjoy."

I completely disagree with that. You don't have to like the art of other people (or you don't have to even consider it art), but everyone has the freedom to do what they want with their imagination. Here we get to really define "selling-out". If I would make music with the purpose of everyone liking it, that would be "selling-out" in my opinion. I make music the way I like it. I know there are some people who like it and some people who don't. There's a crowd for everyone.

My point here is, that I'll lay this ongoing dispute to rest and let you think whatever you want about metal music. After giving some thought to it, who the fuck cares what everyone thinks about anything, since we all have our own opinions...
burnt out

CymbalSplittingSkinbasher wrote:burnt out wrote: "I probably heard Mercyful Fate's shit before you did."

:lol: :lol: :lol: I doubt it pal, I remember when they came out, & has been stated by others, you're clueless. :roll: :lol:
I remember when they came out too,pal.We just have differing opinions.

I still stand by my statement that music should be more like Joe Satriani and less like King Diamond.

Anyone who disagrees with that has mental issues as far as I'm concerned and should seek professional help.
treeduck

I'd just like to state that I've never been a fan of Metallica, so maybe I'm biased. They've had their problems of course, I remember very clearly when Cliff Burton died and that was a tragedy.

I have to be honest though and say I think they're crap and Hammet sucks. Now you probably aren't gonna like that ,you Metallica fans, but I'm prepared to back it up, because wow Kirk can't even play the bands own riffs!!! Watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=546KjKMB9kw

:lol: :roll: :twisted: :lol: :P
notavirtuoso

burnt out wrote:
I still stand by my statement that music should be more like Joe Satriani and less like King Diamond.

Anyone who disagrees with that has mental issues as far as I'm concerned and should seek professional help.
Your opinion is not wrong. There is no right or wrong in the matters of opinion. You seem to be taking issue with the fact that your opinion is not being respected. How can you expect anyone to consider respecting your opinion when you clearly respect none other than your own?
burnt out

notavirtuoso wrote:
burnt out wrote:

Your opinion is not wrong. There is no right or wrong in the matters of opinion. You seem to be taking issue with the fact that your opinion is not being respected. How can you expect anyone to consider respecting your opinion when you clearly respect none other than your own?
Atleast I have my own opinions. :lol:

The group of groupthinking metal sycophants don't like that I am critical of metal and so they attack me and my posts and assume they know all about me and all sorts of other childish shit.

I don't know why people online are all such retards but they all act like that.I wish people had the mental strength to just state their own opinions in a way that if they have a contrary opinion then they can make a contrary statement without having to INSTANTLY attack the poster that they disagree with or try to define them as this or that or the other or tell them what they know or don't know,blah blah blah blah blah.This leads to more shit on the internet. :roll:

Here's how it SHOULD work:

person one: " I hate pie"

person two: "mmm I like pie"

But on most of the internet what you get instead is:

person one: "I don't like pie"

person two: "You don't know anything about pie because your mom's a dumb filthy crack whore,you've never had pie,your dumb and eveyone hates you"

person one: "WTF was that all about then?"

persons 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9: "PERSON ONE IS SUCH A LOSER! HE NEEDS TO GET ANAL RAPED BY EVERYONE HERE AND THEN GET BANNED FROM THE BOARD"...

mod: uh person one you suck

person one: wtf man?

And then person one does get banned.

etc.

That seems to be what happens every time.

It's pretty consistently that way from my vast experiences.

No one ever just states contrary opinons.They ALWAYS throw in some barb that starts shit.Then when I give it back I always get banned.

You either go along with the groupthink or you eventually end up getting banned.

Oh well... :lol:

Could be the human race is done...

And good riddance to it.

I fart on it. :shock:
notavirtuoso

burnt out wrote:
notavirtuoso wrote:
burnt out wrote:

Atleast I have my own opinions. :lol:

The group of groupthinking metal sycophants don't like that I am critical of metal and so they attack me and my posts and assume they know all about me and all sorts of other childish shit.

I don't know why people online are all such retards but they all act like that.I wish people had the mental strength to just state their own opinions in a way that if they have a contrary opinion then they can make a contrary statement without having to INSTANTLY attack the poster that they disagree with or try to define them as this or that or the other or tell them what they know or don't know,blah blah blah blah blah.This leads to more shit on the internet. :roll:

Here's how it SHOULD work:

person one: " I hate pie"

person two: "mmm I like pie"

But on most of the internet what you get instead is:

person one: "I don't like pie"

person two: "You don't know anything about pie because your mom's a dumb filthy crack whore,you've never had pie,your dumb and eveyone hates you"

person one: "WTF was that all about then?"

persons 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9: "PERSON ONE IS SUCH A LOSER! HE NEEDS TO GET ANAL RAPED BY EVERYONE HERE AND THEN GET BANNED FROM THE BOARD"...

mod: uh person one you suck

person one: wtf man?

And then person one does get banned.

etc.

That seems to be what happens every time.

It's pretty consistently that way from my vast experiences.

No one ever just states contrary opinons.They ALWAYS throw in some barb that starts shit.Then when I give it back I always get banned.

You either go along with the groupthink or you eventually end up getting banned.

Oh well... :lol:

Could be the human race is done...

And good riddance to it.

I fart on it. :shock:
It isn't your opinions that get you banned, it's the way you choose to express them. I doubt very seriously if you are not very much aware of this.