Metallica's problem(s)....?!!!..SKOM.

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
lydian2000

i' ve been recently watching footage from SKOM on youtube, and I've come to the following conclusion:

metallica's problems in two words: Lars Ulrich.

Anyone agrees?
eareshel

The problem with Metallica is... Metallica ^^
summer_sky

Lars Ulrich may be outspoken and perhaps a bit over-confident from time to time, but he's one helluva drummer.
Evil Betty

Lars is a mediocre drummer at best.

EB.
cioran

eareshel wrote:The problem with Metallica is... Metallica ^^
Amen.
another virtuoso

metallicas problem is greed for the most part. lars being the most outspoken about it like summer said. they were cool back before they made it real big. ride the lightning hits the streets and they begin to get very, very, very arrogant. (and yeah, lars is not a great drummer. he's good anough to get the job done, and hes more than enough as far as what metallica demands)

now they're to busy being analyzed by psychologists to make any real music.

it is a shame.

:roll:

i wonder if evil betty has another personality on this forum that is only used to say nice and encouraging things..
ibanezrg

MEGADETH>METALLICA :P

I agree with that "Metallica's problem is Metallica" :D
another virtuoso

ibanezrg wrote:MEGADETH>METALLICA :P

i always thought megadeath had some cool riffs and stuff, but mustains vocals sound like a cartoon :!:
ibanezrg

I always loved his voice ~ the growls, yelps, everthing he did :D
fyrie

ZONE IT!
jdnmusic

i like metallica but all i have to say is the blues beats everything.
slash89

Metallica>Megadeth
fiddlemord

Here we go again...I can hear the cries of selling-out, Lars being a greedy bastard and a shitty drummer, Kirk being such an overrated guitarist and that James has lost his voice...

Come on, they have been recording albums and touring for more than 20 years and during that time they have sold more than 100 million records, had families and matured, battled alcoholism, went through the death of one member of the band, a trial, had fans bitching about all kinds of stuff etc...

None of us have done what Metallica has done and most bands would have had many serious line-up changes, Metallica has had only a few. It's hard for us to understand why they yell and curse at eachother on SKOM, but we aren't them. We can't speak for their problems ourselves and their personal problems don't belong to our business.

Few days ago me and my friend watched the new DVD which includes all music videos from Metallica. It reminded me of why Metallica is the most successful metal band of all time, one of the most influential and one of my favorites too - it's just Metallica and there's no band that could the same things as Metallica, nothing else matters.
ibanezrg

slash89 wrote:

Metallica>Megadeth
:lol: funny
Jared2720

I've tried playing in a number of bands. None of them lasted more than a few months. Creative differences, egos, and conflicts of interest among band members make it very difficult to keep a band together. Metallica has been doing it for well over twenty years. They, along with any other band that manages to stay together despite these conflicts (whether I like their music or not), have my most sincere respect. I hope Metallica continues to jam, release records, and play to sold out crowds for as long as they can. The world could stand to learn a lot from those guys.