Dream theater

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Real_Confusions

Azyiu wrote:
Real_Confusions wrote: I didn't forget!
Awesome!

So anyway, how did you get to know DT, dude? I didn't know anyone who knew who they were when I was at UCA. I knew about them on MTV's Headbangers' Ball back in 1992. The first video I watched was Pull Me Under, and then Take The Time a couple months later. It was TTT that really got me into them. I went out and brought I&W the next day! :lol:
I don't even know how I first got turned on to them. I think some guy in high school got me started.
Texter

Zeds.Ded wrote:I'm looking to get suspended animation at the moment but am finding it hard to find from shops.
That's because it's being sold directly from his own website.

http://www.johnpetrucci.com
Yorksha_Pud

I've just started gettin into DT big time, i recently bought all the albums and 3 dvds, its all ive been listnening to the last week or so!

Does anyone know when the next world tour is gonna be? Im dying to see them live...
Azyiu

@ Yorksha_Pud

Glad you got into DT's music, and you likely going to enjoy their music for a long time to come.

As for the next world tour, I do not think it will happen until at least the end of 2007 or even 2008. They just fulfilled their contract with Atlantic, and are in the process of finding a new record deal. Until they have a new deal settled and have their album released, we can only wait.
Real_Confusions

Azyiu wrote:@ Yorksha_Pud

Glad you got into DT's music, and you likely going to enjoy their music for a long time to come.

As for the next world tour, I do not think it will happen until at least the end of 2007 or even 2008. They just fulfilled their contract with Atlantic, and are in the process of finding a new record deal. Until they have a new deal settled and have their album released, we can only wait.
This makes me wish I owned a record company. lol

Why don't they use the MP label, YtseJam? :lol:

Or, hey, Steve could throw them a bone. ;)
Benjammin105

All Dream Theater is good. I really like their heavier stuff like Train of Thought and Awake. Those are just cool

PEACE
Azyiu

Real_Confusions wrote:This makes me wish I owned a record company. lol

Why don't they use the MP label, YtseJam? :lol:

Or, hey, Steve could throw them a bone. ;)
I guess the main things they look into are distribution and the ability to promote worldwide. Sure, with the Internet anyone can do any kind of marketing online worldwide, but I think they look for a "power house", a one-stop place that is capable of handling all of their needs as far as recording, producing, distributing and promoting an album.

While they can surely sell enough number of cds via YtseJam or MP's label, the cost will be much higher and I am positive lesser number of people will get to hear them. All in all, they are looking for a good business deal, and we will see what happen.