VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:12 pm 
Newcomer

There isn't really a topic in here that seems fitting for general music Q&A, so I thought adding this subdivision of one in this section would help for starters.

The ideas I have in mind for this basically include anything about music in general that anyone on this message board might want to ask or read up on. Possible topics could be based on music theory, history, composition, and so on. This can be related or doesn't have to be related to guitar.

I've gone pretty far in the world of education and can volunteer my feedback as best I can. I have 2 bachelors degrees (both music), a masters degree (music), and I'm currently working on my doctorate (also in music).

A couple approaches we can take, that is if anyone wishes to even bother with this, can be PMing or public messages. Private messages might help with organizing everything followed by posting them in here. Just a thought. Either way, I'm offering my input if needed.

Have a nice day!

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:29 pm 
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Hello!

I think we do have two different sections this kind of topic could go in.

For music theory, you can post questions in the "Techinques, Playing Styles and Music Theory" section.

If you do have a general music question relating to music history, I suggest it goes in the "General Music Discussion" forum.

If we find that we need to create an entirely new forum, I'll look into doing that, but for now I think it's best we put any questions in their appropriate forum rather that create something that straddles both.

peace,
Mikey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:34 am 
Newcomer

I have a question! I can't remember how the circle of fifths works!!! I want to explain it to a couple of my students but I just can't remember it .