Crossroads Guitar Festival (2004) DVD

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
EyE

Steve (The Breed) played at this festival as we all know but I was wondering. Does anybody know if the DVD only contains "Whispering a Prayer" or also "I'm The Hell Outta Here"? Looked at a online store here in Holland and it only has WAP on it. Thanks :wink:
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

It only has "I'm the Hell Outta Here" on it. WAP never made it onto the DVD.

Mikey
vai.com
Real_Confusions

A lot of good music never made it on that DVD... :x

I can't believe they don't have Jeff Beck or Neal Schon on there.
NantucketSleighrider

Its a FANTASTIC DVD! Clapton plays some killer solos! the highlights are Steve, John Mclaughlin, Joe Walsh, Clapton, ZZ Top, Larry Carlton, Buddy Guy in my opinion. It is well worth a buy!
PRINCE O(->
Newcomer

I liked "Jingo" (santana/clapton) and i also like "Times Makes Two" (robert cray) and "I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow"(Dan Tyminski)
jemgirl

NantucketSleighrider wrote:Its a FANTASTIC DVD! Clapton plays some killer solos! the highlights are Steve, John Mclaughlin, Joe Walsh, Clapton, ZZ Top, Larry Carlton, Buddy Guy in my opinion. It is well worth a buy!
i agree,its a bunch of wonderful music.
guyver_dio

lol I remember when I watched steve play 'I'm The Hell Outta Here' I immediately paused the DVD and ran to the guitar lol. It was one of the most energetic and best performances I've seen the guys do IMO, certainly gave me a much needed kickstart to get back to practicing. It such a kickass song.

Eric Johnson's performance was just jawdropping also. Another dude that caught my attention was a black slide guitarist, I can't remember his name but he was a young dude with one of those lap slide guitar doohickies. He had a very unique sound, reminded me of the way alot of black people talk. Never heard slide played like that before. Then again I'm not a slide fan.
EyE

Mikey wrote:It only has "I'm the Hell Outta Here" on it. WAP never made it onto the DVD.

Mikey
vai.com
Thanks. :wink:
Shy Boy

I'm a native Texan, and I went to that Festival just to see Vai for the very first time. Cool stuff, but I never bought the DVD.
Ant711UK

I have it and the highlight of the DVD for me is John Mayer.

I also like the way Steve left the mistakes in on his performance too, it makes it real to my ears. T-Mac looks like he's really enjoying it too.

It's definitely one to own in my opinion.

Tony
VAI05

Real_Confusions wrote:A lot of good music never made it on that DVD... :x

I can't believe they don't have Jeff Beck or Neal Schon on there.
I wasn't very happy with the no Jeff Beck either :evil: :evil: :evil: