New EVH video and tune

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
5thD
Member
Member
Posts: 327
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:14 am

wow- just found this pro shot EVH solo from OU812 tour! awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch_fullscreen ... d's%20Solo
Real_Confusions
Member
Member
Posts: 918
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:47 am

I just don't understand him, anymore. lol
Vercetti50
Member
Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:27 pm

Yeah thats been up for a while and everytime i see it , it gets me in a mellow mood thinking of how bad his career just went down. Id love to see ed back up there again but i think hes just made some bad decisions.
like two cigs on his headstock. whats up with that haha

take the sustainer away from him though haha
5thD
Member
Member
Posts: 327
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:14 am

Vercetti50 wrote:take the sustainer away from him though haha
Ya, ed, please step away from the sustainer :lol:
User avatar
resha
Member
Member
Posts: 3008
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:09 am

The song is quite good but the mood He plays it don't fit the atmosphere imho...

He seems lost to my eyes :roll:
cioran
Member
Member
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 7:30 am

resha wrote:The song is quite good but the mood He plays it don't fit the atmosphere imho...

He seems lost to my eyes :roll:
I think that's what he wants to portray. A few grimaces could just as easily be pain as anything else.
I frankly thought it was very good, and very moving.
5thD
Member
Member
Posts: 327
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:14 am

cioran wrote:
resha wrote:The song is quite good but the mood He plays it don't fit the atmosphere imho...

He seems lost to my eyes :roll:
I think that's what he wants to portray. A few grimaces could just as easily be pain as anything else.
I frankly thought it was very good, and very moving.
I like it to, I want more
Triumph the Comic Dog
Member
Member
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:25 pm

Ugh, that was awful.

Some musicians should just swallow their pride and hire a producer. :lol:
User avatar
guyver_dio
Member
Member
Posts: 1164
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:18 am

great, i don't see the problem, that song was pretty cool i thought. At least the dude is still writing, no matter where he's taking it.
DR5150
Member
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:21 am

I thought the song was pretty cool too, nothing like the tapping Eddie of the 80's, but it isn't necessarilly a bad thing. I don't care for his sound as an instrumental guitarist, but I still think he can write some really wicked music. I still think it sucks that he dedicated so much of his life to alcohol, and I think a bit of hard drugs in there too, although I never saw any confirmations. I dono, Ed used to be my hero, but he scares me with some of the thing he says and does. Vai is more consistent, I don't feel depressed about him at least. Anyone know Vai's background with alcohol and drugs?
User avatar
RAI
Member
Member
Posts: 3195
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:23 pm

DR5150 wrote:Anyone know Vai's background with alcohol and drugs?
Typical (american) teenage stuff. More or less a "been there, done that" situation, where he just decided that it wasn't for him (is it really for anyone?), and moved on.
DiMarzio
Member
Member
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:20 pm

I think the worst part is when he throws his wolfgang away like that!! :shock: :shock:
I would NEVER do that to my Wolfie! :o
DR5150
Member
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:21 am

DiMarzio wrote:I think the worst part is when he throws his wolfgang away like that!! :shock: :shock:
I would NEVER do that to my Wolfie! :o
Yea, well you have to see that he doesn't care about that guitar, he probably has a hundred of them! That part of the video made me think of Steve Vai's guitar duel in crossroads, but that was cooler when he dropped his because it symbolized his defeat. Ed was defeated a long time ago, so I guess it kinda does symbolize the same thing, especially since he picked up the bottle at the end.
cioran
Member
Member
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 7:30 am

DR5150 wrote:
DiMarzio wrote:I think the worst part is when he throws his wolfgang away like that!! :shock: :shock:
I would NEVER do that to my Wolfie! :o
Yea, well you have to see that he doesn't care about that guitar, he probably has a hundred of them! That part of the video made me think of Steve Vai's guitar duel in crossroads, but that was cooler when he dropped his because it symbolized his defeat. Ed was defeated a long time ago, so I guess it kinda does symbolize the same thing, especially since he picked up the bottle at the end.
Or is it more elaborate? He knows what everyone's saying about him - why not play to the crowd's glee-infested expectations and manifest your own part in your fate after you've shown them some of the most heart-rending tones they've heard? Maybe he's saying: "You don't know shit, but I'll be happy to let you believe what you like."
Sometimes his condition can feed on that feeling.
Post Reply