Who is the best guitarist in the World?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
eareshel

Vai is the best! Yngwie is SHIT!
quebec
Newcomer

John Petrucci here.
Birdman

"Anyone who watches G3 and doesnt agree that Satch Wingie and Pettruci get owned should not be hear"

I agree with his own music he kills them both, in the jam, Petrucci owns them both. It;'s one thing to see someone do what THEY DO, if that makes sense, at that level, you'd better believe they are the best at it, it's THEIR thing. But just jamming, I dunno, I love Vai as much as anyone, but he doesn't do it for me in the jams, just too much trying to do something flash instead of playing from the heart.

In any case, if you want Vai himself's thoughts on this, he has already said it's Tommy Emmanuel. Game over.
stratocastermaster

I'd say overall Vai and Al DiMeola.
YaiYaiYai
Banned

Me...

Ill melt all you noobs into plastic and use you as picks
lydian2000

YaiYaiYai wrote:Me...

Ill melt all you noobs into plastic and use you as picks
what he said. :twisted:
udy

What is the most stupid question all over the world?
It is the best who gives you some piece of his heart. You can feel it.
Zeaux
Newcomer

Stevie Ray Vaughan, now and forever in my heart.
maximus

Zeaux wrote:Stevie Ray Vaughan, now and forever in my heart.
He was indeed a damn cool guy. What kind of strat do YOU have? :lol:
Logic

Best rock guitar goes to Mr Vai.
Best guitar goes to Phil Keaggy who can play anything under the sun as if it were the only style he'd ever practiced his whole life.
In an interveiw with Jimmy Hendrix Mr. Hendrix was asked what it was like being the worlds greatest guitarist, He said I don't know, ask Phil Keaggy.
Zeaux
Newcomer

maximus wrote:
Zeaux wrote:Stevie Ray Vaughan, now and forever in my heart.
He was indeed a damn cool guy. What kind of strat do YOU have? :lol:
Me? No strat. I'm not a guitarist. I'm not a musician either, although I did introduce myself to music composition when I purchased a 15-voice Apple IIgs in 1987. I'm just a random web surfer who stumbled in on this page after getting the addy from a G3 on Google video.
Birdman

That's awesome. Something different from the run of the mill "I have 11ty Jems and the biggest rig ever" .

Read an interview with Tommy Emmanuel in Drum Media (local music rag) the other day. He was saying he was talking to Satch at some guitar fest a while ago and said he would love to do G3 with them, why has he never been asked, and Satch said "really? cool I'll get Steve down and see what he thinks" and Steve said "No way, we'll get our arses handed to us, on an acoustic at that", or something along those lines, and TE said "OK , I'll play electric" , but still no dice. ah well................ ego's and G3 I spose.................... but I agree and did say something similar somewhere back in this thread, that TE would hand them both their arses and it will never happen. I hope I am wrong though and it does, coz TE is truly a freak and would blow people away
acoates

Avril Lavine is best, no one even comes close
fiddlemord

acoates wrote:Avril Lavine is best, no one even comes close
Before anyone starts saying anything stupid,note that this guy is joking :lol: