Swimming Pool!! lol

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
zeppel
Newcomer

Swimming Pool!! lol

#1 Post by zeppel » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:23 pm

Well this is a really crazy question and i didn´t know where else to post it:

:roll: Here it goes: i'm going to take swimming lessons and i'm really concerned that spending an hour every day immersed in water will "soften" my finger tips and ruin my not that bad guitar playing!!

Has this happenned to anyone? I know for a fact that playing after a shower will .. well.. give you a set of new fingers 8) ! You won't want to show those steel string cutted hanging skins to your ladie friends :shock:

As anyone had problems with swimming pools before????

Help!! it's a decisive factor for me.. i rather have my guitar than be a fish without fingertips!

jmchambers5

#2 Post by jmchambers5 » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:57 pm

hey
I swam competively for 9 years, 4 of which i played guitar. I teach swimming lessons in the summer, and spent up to 2 to 3 hours in the water a day when i was swimming competitively. The water never had any effect on my guitar playing at all. It did soften up my callouses some, but i never felt any difference at all. Swimming lessons definately are a good thing too, good luck with those.
J

matthew11
Newcomer

Re: Swimming Pool!! lol

#3 Post by matthew11 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:32 am

Hey there,

I think its normal to soften your skin spending sometime in water. My fingers also soften in water when I spend much time in the water, But when I came out of the water my skin gets normal. If you are going to start swimming class, then you should go for it, to learn the swimming is the best thing, swimming cools our mind and good exercise for the body. I love swimming , hope you will also love it.
Good luck!