Musical Coincidences

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
al

Just noticed this the other day when iw as pouring some cornflakes into a bowl, whatever way one of them hit the bowl it resonated and sounded like a bell at the start of Stevies, Windows to the Soul

and a while back i was opening a door that squeeked and reminded me of the first 2 notes in the main melody of Glorious - which are the notes A and G so my door squeeks a full step! just funy it reminded me of that

Anyways i thought id share :D
Big Bad Bill

:lol: that's brilliant!

I remember a friend getting a coffee from a vending machine and as the coffee was squirted out into the plastic cup, it sounded like the opening G major chord of Van Halen's 'Summer Nights'! The album was new so we'd both been listening to it intently and were trying to work out the tune on our guitars so it was deeply ingrained in our psyche! We both just looked at each other and laughed! We could never get it to do it again though!
Tommy

That's crazy. This thread is great!

The only thing that ever happened to me is when I turn my bandsaw off, as the blade slows it vibrates to a perfect C! It's a beautiful sound.
quebec
Newcomer

I was doing canoe on the river at my chalet, and realised that when I passed under a bridge near our land, the whole structure resonated in certain defined notes. I kept them in my mind and when I came back I figured it was .. wait a fifth, a major third, a major 6th? I don't remember, argh! Now I have to go back and sing under it to find the notes! It's funny but yeah I often discover many objects that produce certain notes like that! For example, an old microwave we had, always made that same boring note! :wink:

Although, to my memory I've never related them to a piece or to a melody... But anyway cool thread indeed.
Instrumentalrockrocks

AHAHHAHAH

funniest and (maybe) the most based on facts topic ever!

But it's true indeed.... sometimes you hear sounds and then you think:
"hmm.... in wich song I heard that sound....???"

Shred On :guitar
slash89

Instrumentalrockrocks wrote:AHAHHAHAH

funniest and (maybe) the most based on facts topic ever!

But it's true indeed.... sometimes you hear sounds and then you think:
"hmm.... in wich song I heard that sound....???"

Shred On :guitar
That's so true! Haha... :)
Big Bad Bill

Oh, I have a cast iron spade that rings, sonorously, with a fundamental of A! It makes digging the garden much more fun!