Paul Gilbert's new cd

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Dyin' Day 77

Sorry if there is already a thread about this but has anyone heard it yet? Its called "Get out of my yard" and its supposed to be mainly focused on guitar and have some killer stuff on it. I guess it comes out in the US on the 29th of this month but I'm pretty sure its out in japan or somewhere. Ah, im excited! I hope he goes on tour!
slash89

Dyin' Day 77 wrote:Sorry if there is already a thread about this but has anyone heard it yet? Its called "Get out of my yard" and its supposed to be mainly focused on guitar and have some killer stuff on it. I guess it comes out in the US on the 29th of this month but I'm pretty sure its out in japan or somewhere. Ah, im excited! I hope he goes on tour!
So do I! I have been following him on his monthly lessons in Total Guitar. Would be great to see him live :)
Azyiu

Yeah, I am going to get this cd soon. I was told it is all instrumental, and I think it's about time PG releases an all-instrumental album.
treeduck

I'm gonna pick up a copy I think too...

The all-instrumental aspect was crucial, not keen on his vocal projects, even Street Lethal was a teeth-grinding experience from a singing perspective...
Azyiu

treeduck wrote:I'm gonna pick up a copy I think too...

The all-instrumental aspect was crucial, not keen on his vocal projects, even Street Lethal was a teeth-grinding experience from a singing perspective...
That is exactly why I didn't buy anything of his after King of Club...
Ant711UK

I love PG's vocal stuff it's usually funny and he can definitely sing!
I'm probably the opposite to some of you guys and don't really go for the 'scarified' side of his stuff. I prefer instrumental tracks like Burning Organ or vocal stuff like Down to Mexico.

Tony
mahavira

yeh he can definitely sing. nevertheless i've always wished he would once release a instrumental cd. coz he's too way damn good for not releasing an instrumental cd.
release dates:already available in japan in america it will be on 29th august and in europe on 14th september.

hope he's gonna go on tour with that.
actually he says about this album: "the first 38 seconds are impossible to play, but I played them."
:)
Azyiu

Ant711UK wrote:I love PG's vocal stuff it's usually funny and he can definitely sing!
I'm probably the opposite to some of you guys and don't really go for the 'scarified' side of his stuff. I prefer instrumental tracks like Burning Organ or vocal stuff like Down to Mexico.

Tony
Yeah, Down To Mexico is a good song. Easy to impress play and easy to impress people who don't really play any instrument. ;)
Ant711UK

Azyiu wrote: Yeah, Down To Mexico is a good song. Easy to impress play and easy to impress people who don't really play any instrument. ;)
Oh well, that's me then :lol:
treeduck

Ant711UK wrote:I love PG's vocal stuff it's usually funny and he can definitely sing!

Tony
Down to Mexico is not bad...
slash89

treeduck wrote:

Tony
Down to Mexico is not bad...
It's very good actually :)
altruistik

Christophar

I got a listen to the new cd and I enjoyed most of it. I gotta say I would have prefered to hear another album with vocals but if your a fan of paul get this as soon as you can. As for you vai enthusiasts... beaware that this is a "shred" album or else your gonna get dispointed (I dont really consider satch and vai to be shredders).
Bennett

Christophar wrote:I got a listen to the new cd and I enjoyed most of it. I gotta say I would have prefered to hear another album with vocals but if your a fan of paul get this as soon as you can. As for you vai enthusiasts... beaware that this is a "shred" album or else your gonna get dispointed (I dont really consider satch and vai to be shredders).
yeah i agree, as much as i like some shredders and shredding :) i'd have to say that vai comes through on top with his music - much more talent involved (my opinion). it's not just about speed, but about quality and melody to me.
Big Bad Bill

King of Clubs was excellent-even for a vocal CD, but it went down hill from there IMO. I've ordered 'Get Out...' and can't wait to hear it. Or will it be all a bit much. Shredding is like the tastiest cake in the world, but after your eighth piece, you started feeling a bit nauseated!