Guthrie Govan's Solo Album is Finally Out!

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
cbr1000f

Wow really cool mail!!! :D
alexkhan

And now a word from another distinguished artist, Reb Beach:
Reb Beach wrote:
The 'Erotic Cakes' CD is excellent. It doesn't get much better than that, does it? I stopped trying to improve years ago because of people like him. I love his melodies, which is rare for me when I hear other guitarists. So effortless. He is the most well rounded yet stunning guitarist I've ever heard.
treeduck

alexkhan wrote:And now a word from another distinguished artist, Reb Beach:
Reb Beach wrote:
The 'Erotic Cakes' CD is excellent. It doesn't get much better than that, does it? I stopped trying to improve years ago because of people like him. I love his melodies, which is rare for me when I hear other guitarists. So effortless. He is the most well rounded yet stunning guitarist I've ever heard.
alexkhan wrote:I just got a nice email from the great Steve Stevens about 'Erotic Cakes':
Steve Stevens wrote:
Hi Ed,
I just wanted to let you know that i did indeed get the Erotic Cakes CD. As you can imagine, i get sent cd's of guitarists all the fuckin' time. I usually last about 8 bars into a song and then skip to another in search of something, anything unique. Well i got about 4 bars into Guthrie's CD and realized...this guy was stunning. Not just technically, but the compositions as well, are just too much fun. How great it is to hear someone pushing this silly piece of wood, magnets, and metal forward. Please get a message to Guthrie...."Steve Stevens salutes you." For a whole new generation of geetar players...Guthrie's got the ball and he's off and running with that sucker!
Amen!
Steve

Now this is really cool! 8)
Great messages Ed, can't beat having guys like that love your stuff. It looks like Guthrie has truly become a guitarist's guitarist, the next step is to break out a little further into the consciousness of the masses...