The Mars Volta

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Landonech

Steve is a big fan. "De-loused in the Commatorium" was his number 1 pick in cd essentials. I think they are brilliant. Some of the most intersting songs I've ever hear. Cedric Bixler's lyrics are amazing. The band will blow you away live as well.
Last edited by Landonech on Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
miker

I believe you are referring to, "The Mars Volta" ...and yes. They do rock!
munchocruncho

I think they're the worst band ever.
treeduck

munchocruncho wrote:I think they're the worst band ever.
No way munchy they're cool...

:D
stratocastermaster

I have one of their albums (Frances the mute). It's cool, interesting. Not my favorite but worth listening to.
prman

I hear the passion in their music and understand why people like them. Still it doesn`t change the fact that they`re not my cup of tea.
slash89

I agree...
cbr1000f

Don't know much about them but I do know that their bassplayer is Juan/John Alderete and people might remember him as the bassplayer from Racer X (with Paul Gilbert) :)
treeduck

stratocastermaster wrote:I have one of their albums (Frances the mute). It's cool, interesting. Not my favorite but worth listening to.
Get their first one, Deloused in the Comatorium, that one is a more consistent album and s tighter and more focused and might be more accessible too...
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

This new one, Amputechture, is a freakin' masterpiece!!! :shock: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!, their best one so far, man this is great!!!
KillerArtist

CymbalSplittingSkinbasher wrote:This new one, Amputechture, is a freakin' masterpiece!!! :shock: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!, their best one so far, man this is great!!!
you are right! It BLOWS me away! :shock:

I can't stop listening to it.
NantucketSleighrider

Haha, recalling all of your posts I have seen on the forum, I often wonder, what DO you actually like munchocruncho? :wink: Even thought I don't agree with your opinion on TMV, I still have a massive ammount of respect for you, just because you are related to Felix Pappalardi!!!!! :shock: :D
treeduck

NantucketSleighrider wrote:
Haha, recalling all of your posts I have seen on the forum, I often wonder, what DO you actually like munchocruncho? :wink: Even thought I don't agree with your opinion on TMV, I still have a massive ammount of respect for you, just because you are related to Felix Pappalardi!!!!! :shock: :D
That'll be why he slags big name people off, because he thinks he's a big name himself...

:lol:
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

Like I said, this new one is a masterpiece, & guess what? It's only $9.99 brand new! Kudos to TMV; way to guy guys, what a bargain, a great disc at a great price!!! 8) 8) 8) :peace