Selfless Love

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
timlane
Newcomer

Steve,
I know that you don't get the chance to read the forums very often, but I wanted to thank you for writing "Selfless Love" and didn't know any other way. I have been a fan of your music for a long time. You taught me to always play from my heart. Today your music helped me to get through a very tough time in my life. I always thought of my mom when I listened to your song "Selfless Love" and when we were planning her funeral a few days ago I realized it was the perfect song to express everything I wanted to say to her. We celebrated her life today and everyone present, whether Vai fans or not, were deeply touched by your beautiful song. Thank you for writing it and thank you for helping me to say goodbye to my mother and my best friend.
Sincerely,
Tim Lane
litlgrnman

Sorry to hear about your loss Tim.

Selfless Love is one of my favorite Vai songs right next to Sisters , Brotherand Frank.
R1FSR

hi Tim
sorry to read about your loss.
thinking of you at this sad time
slash89

This was very sad to read. Great that you found Vai's music comforting at this painful time..
cnc74

Hi Tim,
Sorry to hear about your mom. Steve's music has helped me through some trying times, too. He is full of emotion and not afraid to show that emotion. It's one of the many reasons I love Steve.
Thinking of you at this trying time. Take care.
Christin :wink:
GreenMeanie

Hi Tim,

So sorry about your loss! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Joanne
s_t_e_v_e_n_s_i_r_o_v_a_i

I'm with you Tim, I never really had a big negative situation in my life but I know how Steve's music can make me feel exalted.
mayuka

sorry about your loss, it can be very hard in life. Steves music has helped me alot in my life struggles an I thinks its great that someone can do that with something they create. Ive told Steve in person about how his music has helped me and I could tell he was very honored.
theollieb

cnc74 wrote:Hi Tim,
Sorry to hear about your mom. Steve's music has helped me through some trying times, too. He is full of emotion and not afraid to show that emotion. It's one of the many reasons I love Steve.
Thinking of you at this trying time. Take care.
Christin :wink:
+1