Paul Gilbert's 'get out of my head'

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
ChRis #1

Hey does anyone know about the new Paul Gilbert albulm called 'Get out of my yard'.

be released in Japan on July 26th.
It will be released in America on August 29th.
It will be released in Europe on September 14th.

cant wait to hear some new stuff. Spaceship ship one was cool but had heavy punk influences and kinda felt rushed. This sounds more like a back to the shred day kinda albulm (the stuff he does best)
Last edited by ChRis #1 on Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bryceybhoy

I'd never heard Paul Gilbert's solo stuff before, but just decided to buy the Spaceship One DVD for a laugh.
Some of it's quite good, some of it's shit. The second song is a Racer X song, can't remember it's name, and it's got some of the best widdly guitar I've ever heard. Fucking magic.
The guy's a wee bit of a nutcase, though, isn't he?
Jem-7vwh-agg

The album is called "Get out of my yard" and will be released in 1-2 months. And Pg rules.

I wish all these no talent pimp-whore bands that sell records had a glimpse of his "nutcase" situation as you call it.
Bryceybhoy

Good point. He's bloody brilliant.

Bands like Lost Prophets should be rounded up and shot with rusty bullets.
j.arledge

PG is the man , i love his playing . To me his style is achiveable to me as a guitar player . I love steve vai but i think that i could end up in a few years down the road being able to play more like paul then any other guitar player .

He is goofy but it think it is funny , i am a goofy dude too .

i love this song ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPGA3vjMLgE
Bryceybhoy

That's the song I was talking about!!!
Ant711UK

Bryceybhoy wrote:I'd never heard Paul Gilbert's solo stuff before, but just decided to buy the Spaceship One DVD for a laugh.
Some of it's quite good, some of it's shit. The second song is a Racer X song, can't remember it's name, and it's got some of the best widdly guitar I've ever heard. Fucking magic.
The guy's a wee bit of a nutcase, though, isn't he?
If I could play as 'shitty' as Paul Gilbert I'd be 50 times better than I am now!

Your right though he's as mad as a box of frogs! :lol:

Tony
Bryceybhoy

Ha ha! I don't mean shit as in bad playing, just a couple of the songs are a bit lame. "Every Girl is a Rockstar" being a case in point. But most of the DVD is sensational.
He's got character. Which is more than you can say for the endless number of boring cunts who play guitar these days.
I wish I could play scales like him though. Some of his licks and runs are fucking incredible.
Ant711UK

You should get Burning Organ & Flying Dog there's some good stuff on those. 8)
Bryceybhoy

Okay, Amazon here I come!
ChRis #1

hmmm srry about the naming error i kinda rushed it. it is called get out of my yard, ill try and edit it out.

Paul Gilbert rocks, cant wait for the new albulm :lol:
nienturi

Lets add a paul gilbert quote
The first 38 seconds of GET OUT OF MY YARD are impossible to play. But I played them.
cioran

Bryceybhoy wrote:That's the song I was talking about!!!
It's a really cool song, off Racer X:s Street Lethal album, I think. Some of it is pretty hard to play, but possibly the space suits help - where can I get one of those? Oh, yes, NASA will probably have a yard sale soon, as they seem unable to get off the ground. :D
Xelatunes
Newcomer

THIS is the album everyone expected PG's "King Of Clubs" to be... Get ready to have your faces peeled off by Pablo fellow shredders... :wink:
GGGrev

nienturi wrote:Lets add a paul gilbert quote
The first 38 seconds of GET OUT OF MY YARD are impossible to play. But I played them.
:lol:

Paul Gilbert isn't boring, he is one of the very few that knows exactly what's going on in music, he's like the master manipulator, he can play most of the genres and have fun in his music and knows all the parodies and other comical approaches that he uses.

The joke is on you. :lol: