The Extremist

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Pom-Bear

U saw Joe play this live but

Does anyone kno how he transposed this piece cause its usually half a step down? or did he just play it as normal on a standard tuned guitar because he seemed to use the same guitar for flying in a blue dream and a few others?

and also

Does anyone kno where i can find the harmonica notes for the song and what key harmonica is used?
VintageVOX

he just plays it normal in standard tuning. I love that song.

i dont know about the harmonica all i know is that he recorded it with "When the Levee Breaks" in his mind and with a tremelo amp
Matthew

Its odd, some of the songs on The Extremist are tuned down half step...wonder why...
Azyiu

Matthew wrote:Its odd, some of the songs on The Extremist are tuned down half step...wonder why...
Perhaps he was just trying out some "new sound". Tuning half step down gives you a few options for chord combinations that you normally wouldn't be able to do... plus, perhaps his guitar gives him a certain tone that he can't otherwise get when it is tuned normally... I know it is the case for my vintage Washburn N2.
prman

Azyiu wrote:my vintage Washburn N2.
Is a guitar from the 90`s already considered a "vintage" instrument?
SalamanderExcess

Its in Eb cos the harmonica is in Eb isnt it??
slash89

It's tuned down to sexy tuning 8)
Azyiu

prman wrote: Is a guitar from the 90`s already considered a "vintage" instrument?
Err.... yes, in my book! :P