Uli Jon Roth

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
if6was9

Too bad he is not very known for many people. He is a fantastic player and people should check out his work with Scorpions. From "Fly to the Rainbow" until "Tokyo Tapes" ... The material you find on those albums is one of the best rock'n'roll lessons you can ever get. :lol:
Not to mention that to my knowledge "The Sails of Charon" from "Taken by Force" was probably one of the first neo-classical rock songs.
Glorious

Uli is incredible!When I first heard his Sky Of Avalon project,I was blown away...and what he did to Vivaldi in his Metamorphosis is far beyond my verbal limits.I wish I could see him live one day.
acoates

I don't really get it. It's ok I guess but his guitar and wide vibrato sounded out of place in the Vivaldi and the other tune wasn't that great.
bluesbreaker

I think Yngwie Malmsteen can quit playing guitar, really.
KillerArtist

bluesbreaker wrote:I think Yngwie Malmsteen can quit playing guitar, really.

If thats a diss to Uli you really need to do your homework.

If it wasn't my bad! :D

To the person that said "that he didn't really get it" you should try looking up Cry of the Night on Youtube. :wink:

If you don't like that.... well then there is no hope for humanity. :(
acoates

Listening to it.....it's not bad, got some awesome dynamic control mid-way through, but on the whole his tone and playing style doesn't float my boat.

Total Guitar didn't give his "Metermophosis..." a good review either.
KillerArtist

acoates wrote:Listening to it.....it's not bad, got some awesome dynamic control mid-way through, but on the whole his tone and playing style doesn't float my boat.

Total Guitar didn't give his "Metermophosis..." a good review either.
I understand.

As far as reviews go I have not seen one bad review of that cd. Its all been at excellent and/or good status, but do we really listen to what "reviewers" say? I don't. :lol: