You really need to check out this band...!

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Veye

You really need to check out this band...!

#1 Post by Veye » Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:39 pm

ARCH ENEMY's 'Anthems' Becomes Fastest-Selling Album In History Of CENTURY MEDIA - Sep. 4, 2003

ARCH ENEMY's "Anthems Of Rebellion" CD has entered Billboard's Heatseekers Chart at No. 26, making it the most purchased album one week after release in the history of Century Media Records. The good news doesn't stop there: ARCH ENEMY are on the cover of the Terrorizer and Metal Maniacs. Alternative Press gave "Anthems Of Rebellion" a 5 out of 5 review, calling it "the best melodic death metal album of 2003… the kind of monster tracks most death metal bands only wish they could write." Kerrang! gave it a coveted 5 out of 5 Ks. "Anthems Of Rebellion" has also been the #1 album on the CMJ Loud Rock charts for two weeks in a row. In Europe, the album has charted in Greece (#1), in Finland (#42), in Germany (#69), Sweden (#76), and in the Netherlands (#97). The video for "We Will Rise" will debut on MTV2 and Fuse this week, and the band is currently on tour with HATE ETERNAL, EVERGREY, and BLACK DAHLIA MURDER. A European tour with NEVERMORE will kick off in mid-September.

Source: BLABBERMOUTH.NET

I just recently saw them here in Sweden, and they were by far the best metal act I've seen!

In fact, so good that I'm going to their gig with NEVERMORE as well. :)

They're up for a US tour with SLAYER & HATEBREED starting October - what a bill!

8)
P.S. Their previous album Wages of Sin is awesome too!

Drewster

#2 Post by Drewster » Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:37 pm

Do they have a web site?? If they do send us a link.

shader

#3 Post by shader » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:13 pm

*yawn*

hate metal is so boring...

*chug* *chug* *chug*

ARR!! HATE!!! KILL!! F--!!! UH... RELIGION SUCKS!! AND SO DOES AUTHORITY AND RULES AND STUFF!!! YEAH!!! GRR!!!

*chug* *chug* *drum fill*

Veye

#4 Post by Veye » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:20 pm

Their website is http://www.archenemy.net

shader - how old are you?! You obviously haven't got a clue, and your whole"statement" is spewing jealousy. Pathetic. :evil:

Drewster

#5 Post by Drewster » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:59 pm

Yes I agree with veye your criticism is pointless. If you don't like metal why bother replying? BTW thx for the link.

eyebnez

#6 Post by eyebnez » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:01 pm

Are they NU-Metal or what?

Plook

#7 Post by Plook » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:03 pm

Checked em out and there pretty good. Thanks for the link.

Veye

#8 Post by Veye » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:48 pm

Nope...definitely not nu-metal.

Go check a couple of tracks off their website.

BTW, they have a female vocalist that sounds as unfemale as you could (not!) imagine. 8)

The music is simply awesome: HEAVY & speedy yet melodic, lots of groove, really great solos, UNBELIEVABLE :shock: double-bass drumming.

eyebnez

#9 Post by eyebnez » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:23 am

pretty good stuff, From the tracks on the web site that is. :)

ChickenScratch

#10 Post by ChickenScratch » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:18 am

I love Arch Enemy! Just never mentioned them on this site because I never thought you guys whould be intot hat heavy stuff (and that oen guy up there proved it kinda).

I've got everything they put out, just an amazing band on all levels. I remeber when Angela first joined the band they had clips of her on the site and would not say who the new singer was. When it was eventually released that the new singer was a woman everyone went nutz because her vocal perfomance was so great and had caused such a stir.

BTW, I've seen them live, awsome show. angel's so hot too!

eyebnez

#11 Post by eyebnez » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:37 am

I was looking at the albums they have for sell on CD Now. Which would you(whomever has heard them) Reccomend: Anthems of Rebellion, Wages Of Sin, Burning bridges, Stigmata, Black Earth, Burning Angel (import), And Imports with extra tracks of the above mentioned. Which would be a good start?

atifman

#12 Post by atifman » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:34 am

if you want an even darker, and heavier band, check out Carcass, especially the album of theirs: "Heartwork". one of the guitarists (Michael Amott) used to be in that band, so if you like Arch Enemy solos, you'll probably like Carcass solos too.
the vocals are also the same style, they sound pretty similar..
Genius riffs and harmonies, i tell ya....

ChickenScratch

#13 Post by ChickenScratch » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:55 pm

eyebnez wrote:I was looking at the albums they have for sell on CD Now. Which would you(whomever has heard them) Reccomend: Anthems of Rebellion, Wages Of Sin, Burning bridges, Stigmata, Black Earth, Burning Angel (import), And Imports with extra tracks of the above mentioned. Which would be a good start?
I don't have the newest one but I will say that "Burning Bridges" and "Wages of Sin" are great places to start.

Texter

#14 Post by Texter » Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:44 am

LoL :lol:

shader

#15 Post by shader » Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:22 am

I just gave these guys a listen - they're pretty good, but they need to fire their singer :)